***** 

The next morning served a new dawn for them. Jiyasha woke up in his grip with his arms strongly binding her. Aryan was half asleep and as Jiyasha moved past him, dizziness strongly occupied her. She fell on the bed with a thud and Aryan woke up in a hurry.

"What happened Jiyasha?" Aryan asked searching for her hand to hold it. He was still under the impression that Jiyasha was crying for the whole night and she only needed him.

He quickly squeezed her wrist and widened his eyes. "You are suffering from fever, Jiyasha. I told you not to cry at all, everything will be alright. What are you so worried about?"

Jiyasha turned her face towards the window. The bright sun rays kissed her pale face as she adjusted herself weakly against the pillow. She narrowed her eyes and said, "Won't I ever have my near and dear ones with me?"

Aryan clutched her hand instantly and kissed her palm. "Who said so? I am always with you. You are not alone."

"No you won't also be there after some days." She withdrew her hand from his grip.

"Let future decide who is going to be with whom. Right now, you need to be fit and fine. Remember I love you," saying so, Aryan moved towards the drawer and got the medicines for her. He helped her gulp the dose of pyregesic along with water.

Later, he laid her down on the bed and covered her with the blanket. "Now go to sleep sweetheart. Let me see what I can cook for you for the breakfast."

**** 

Jiyasha shifted in sleep. She was having a horrendous dream while sleeping. Her near and dear ones were moving far away from her. Aditi and Monica had already left her, she only had Pooja and to some extent Aryan with her. She was not sure of her family when she would go back to them since she had conditions to fulfill before she faced her family again.

A voice in sleep shuddered Jiyasha.

"Dead! Your husband is dead!"

"You have got nobody in your life."

"You will suffer all alone!"

Illness and nightmare were going hand in hand for poor Jiyasha. She was sweating in her sleep as drops of tears trickled down her cheeks. She screamed as loudly as she could and sat upright. She was gasping for breath and Aryan came rushing to her.

"Jiyasha!"

She hugged him very tightly to not to let him go. "Ar...yan...do..n't leave me alone," she stuttered while speaking.

"I am here only, with you.." he said while raking her silky hair.

Jiyasha was not convinced. Her condition was scaring Aryan and he did not know what he could do to cure her. He only knew that he could give her the warmth and support during her sick days.

He cupped her wet cheeks and leaned towards her. With every glance at her, he felt the urge to kiss her and to let her know that he was only hers and that he was never going to leave her.

Sliding his palms to the corner of her cheekbones, he planted a deep kiss on her lips. He kept on kissing her until her profound breathing turned smooth and stabilised. She was panting for breath but yet the kiss was very delicate and a life saviour for her. She was held tightly in his arms as he poured his affection into her. As the rate of her heartbeat started holding patience, he separated from her.

"No Aryan, keep kissing me. I feel better," Jiyasha demanded unmindfully.

He was confused with what she demanded but he could read her eyes. The depth in those eyes were craving for only him and she was feeling comfortable in his arms. He shifted to place himself comfortably on the bed and kissed her again. This time, it was more smooth and gentle. He meant to give time to their mingle and not to rush with it.

***** 

Time passed quickly into each other's arms and Aryan couldn't even keep track of when she had fallen asleep. Later, he fetched her the lunch that he had cooked for her.

"Good afternoon Jiyasha, wake up. Here is your lunch."

She opened an eye and looked at him. The innocence which his facial exressions carried always charmed her. "How can this man be a criminal!" she thought to herself.

"Lunch?" she asked lazily.

"Yes madam Jiyasha. I have cooked for you."

"Why? Where are the maids?"

"They are there but I didn't allow them to cook for you. I know that during sickness, if you can feed your loved ones the food cooked by you, it works like a thousand times better medicine than anything else in this world. Now get up." He smiled and helped her to sit upright. He adjusted the pillow behind her on the side of the bed and held the food plate before her.

She saw the half bowl soup, the sandwiches, the cup of milk and the boiled fruits which he had brought for her. She pouted innocently at the sight of her lunch. "I am not going to eat so much!"

"You have to eat all of it to become strong again. You are a black belt holder, right?" Aryan winked.

"Stop teasing me!"

"I am not teasing, now let's get started," Aryan ordered and fed her the first spoon of soup with his own hand.

He kept on feeding her silently until the food plate became empty. Jiyasha didn't even feel when she had emptied the full plate since she was busy staring in his soulful eyes.

"Your lunch is over," he announced playfully.

"Woah! I ate them all?" Jiyasha was shocked.

"Yes love and don't worry, you won't be gaining weight with it." He laughed harder this time which made her to pout again.

"You know what you look cute when you pout in that way. I love you," Aryan repeated while adjusting the utensils together.

"Now you take rest, I am coming." Aryan said and left the room with the empty plate. 

***** 

The evening passed peacefully when Aryan checked that her temperature had subsided. He hushed a sigh of relief and told her, "Your health has improved darling, but this has made you weak. You might recover in a day or two."

Aryan saw Jiyasha staring at him with a strange look on her face. He couldn't imagine the reason of such an expression and simply gestured at her.

Jiyasha laughed as she spoke, "I am just wondering as to who is the doctor between you and me?"

Aryan chuckled and brushed his hand at the back of his head. Jiyasha pulled him closer to her and kissed him on his lips herself. Aryan was surprised but gave in to the kiss, knowing that it was a sweet gesture from her side. Everything was taking place swiftly between them, nobody was even thinking as to what their future held.

"Thank you for taking so much care of me," she muttered against his lips. Aryan nodded and hugged her tightly one more time.

For once, they both were together again and it seemed as if their relationship was improving. Jiyasha was a confused creature and did not know what she would do with the problems around her. Aryan was a mysterious man who confessed numerous times that he loved her but was not actually ready to make love to her. He would not like to spoil her innocence and womanhood for a few moments of bliss when he knew that she would have mood swings every now and then.

So if they did not mingle like soulmates, then what kind of a relationship they were really into!

To be continued...

***Please vote, comment and share***