Chapter 8: The Dark Herminoid

"What? You just followed a random stranger around and spilt all of your information while he didn't even tell you his name?!"

"Come on, Zehu, he was a very nice guy! Here, he even gave me a gift to fetch you, as a fellow Daluma."

Violet handed him the blue crystal she had gotten from the Doctor. Zehu eyed it with suspicion at first, but then sighed and placed it in his golden ring.

"Did you at least get a present for Bax?"

"Ah, Baxus' present! I completely forgot!"

"How lousy can you be?"

"I wasn't talking to you!" Violet glared at Diana, who was the one to have let out the sarcastic laugh.

"Sorry, I overheard since I speak Bakhal. You can't possibly discard me from the conversation when it's only the three of us in the covert room and you're talking so loudly. Seriously, though, I didn't know you humans could be this dumb..."

"Listen, you_"

"Violet, forget about her," Zehu interrupted. "More importantly – what are you going to get for Baxus?"

"Why did you even bother getting gifts for the captain?" Diana continued pressing onto Violet, disregarding Zehu's rudeness, "He will just count it as audacity of yours daring to compare yourself to his level. I don't think he'll appreciate it, but rather get mad. I don't expect a lowly human like you to think that far, though."

"Over with your stupid remarks, I'm sick of it!" Violet retorted. "I have already sneaked into his room while he's away and put those gifts on his table. There's no turning back now. As for Baxus' gift – Zehu, can you help me? I already have a thing in mind, but I cannot make it alone. I need help from a telepathic creature."

"I guess I can." Zehu shrugged. "What is it you need?"

"I want to make a crystal that shall reflect my pleasant memories of Earth. Bax has never been there, has he? Yet it is his motherland... Since his mom had lived in the same house as I (for I lived in my mother's house), I have a lot of pleasant remembrances of that place. It was one of the few districts left where green grass still breathed and trees and flowers still bloomed. I bet he'd be happy to see it with my eyes."

"That's a brilliant idea! Since you've brought me this blue crystal that can perform basic spells for me, I'll be able to make it."

Zehu formed a big green crystal, put his hands to Violet's forehead and heart, and transmitted her pleasant memories of Aida into the device. Very soon, the telepathic crystal was ready.

"This blue crystal works amazingly!" he exclaimed with joy, "I did get frustrated at your naivety at first, but to think of it, that Doctor D. of yours sure is an awesome fellow, able to make such handy gadgets."

"You bet!" Violet grinned. "Thank you, Zehu!"

***

In the evening, when Baxus returned, Violet retold her story to him and presented the gift she had made together with Zehu. Baxus ventured through the crystal memories. Seeing the blooming fields, green forests, snowy mountains of Aida, beholding humans frequenting bars, schools, or casually walking in streets, and Violet's family feasting in their house – his aunt, his uncle, and Violet's one-year-old sister – laughing together, it brought tears to his eyes. After he had finished the voyage, he tightly embraced his little cousin:

"Violet, this was so beautiful! I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I could never dream of Earth to be such a wondrous place!"

"I really hope you can see it with your own eyes someday. I want you to meet my parents and my sister, and to see your motherland, where our moms grew together... You'll love it!"