Chapter 29

I take the drinks from the clerk's hand.

"Thank you," I smile, shoving my change into my purse and walking towards the bathroom. I slowly walk towards the door, taking a sip of my drink. I wanna taste it while I can still hold it down.

I push the door open and hear, dare I say it, moans.

I quickly turn and walk outta the building. I stand for a second, looking at the ground. She's so disgusting, I hate her so much it hurts to even think about how much I hate her.

We just can't seem to quit going back and forth and back and forth between verging on hate and almost being in love and I can't do it anymore, it hurts too bad. I know she is probably trying to fill some type of void but I just feel like her punching bag and I don't wanna feel this way anymore.

I look over at the car. I don't have a key. I sit at one of the table outside, glancing at my latte. As I predicted, I'm no longer thirsty.

Why does she always do this? How is it so easy for her to just go out and have sex with any and every girl she sees? And how does she do it after all the times she's told me she loves me? I know firsthand it's not easy to have sex with someone when you're in love with someone else, but she does it like it's her fucking job.

She's so confusing and upsetting and repulsive but she constantly consumes my mind and I'm absolutely terrified to know what that means.

The door to the building opens and she walks out, hands in her pockets. She looks at me and smiles. "Ready? Sorry, I was in the bathroom."

I scowl at her.

"Shit, what'd I do?" she asks.

I stand, walking towards the car.

"Cooper, what'd I do?"

I say nothing, just continue walking.

"Cooper, stop."

I, of course, keep walking. I feel her grab my arm and turn me around. "Coo-"

"Why do you always do this?! You always fuck with my emotions and play me like a game of Scrabble, do I look fucking stupid to you?!" I scream, not caring about all the people around us, staring.

"No, I-"

"Shut up! Shut up, and don't ever try and give another one of your 'Oh, I'm sooo in love with you, Cooper, I need you,' speeches ever again, because I'm done falling for it. I cannot believe I was ever in love with someone as sick as you. I tried to be your friend, I tried to give you a happy medium, but as usual, you fucked it up, and you fucked me up and I'm fucking done with you, you horrendous, nasty-"

"COOPER."

"WHAT?!"

"..what did I do? Whatever it is, I'm so-"

"Shut up, Alex! I know you were in there with some girl, I fucking heard it. You always claim that I'm your one and only but all you ever do is fuck any girl you see and.." I feel tears pinch behind me eyes and I try so hard to keep them in but they just fall. "It hurts. It really does, and there truly aren't any words that describe how much I hate you, and how much you disgust me."

She looks at the ground.

"It's always this back and forth game with you. The second I feel like I can maybe let you into my life again, you do some shit like this and UGGHH!" I scream, dropping the drinks on the ground and pushing her with my hands.

She grabs my wrist. "..why are you so upset? You have a boyfriend, and you claim you don't have any feelings for me. So before you yell and scream, ask yourself why, Cooper. I don't always do something wrong, maybe sometimes it's just not what you want."

I stare at her, feeling anger rise in my body. "Fuck you. FUCK. YOU," I scream, flicking her off.

"Stop being so fucking dramatic."

I turn and walk back to the coffee shop.

"Don't fucking walk away from me, Cooper."

I just keep walking, opening the doors of the coffee shop and walking into them. I go to the little secluded corner that like every Starbucks has and sit.

"Stop being a drama queen, and tell me what's going on with you, because you're really starting to piss me off."

"I'm pissing you off?!" I shout. People turn to look at us, as usual, but I'm done letting Alex walk all over me. "That's funny. That's really funny considering, as usual, I'm yelling at you because of some more shit you caused. Not me. So don't sit here and say I'm fucking pissing you off."

"Why is everything always my fault?"

"Get away from me."

"Why are you so mad if you don't love me anymore?" she asks.

For a split second, she looks hurt and upset. She looks vulnerable, unlike the Alex I know. Most people would go easy on her now.

But her being upset makes me wanna yell at her more.

"Because you never stop fucking up everyone's shit long enough to just look around to see who it is you're actually fucking up. And it's usually me, and I'm tired of always hurting because of you, I'm tired of being tired, but you just make everything so hard and I'm done. Do what you want to whoever you want, but I'm done waiting around, trying to be friends with you until one of us blows up on the other like a ticking timebomb. It's not worth it. And I know there are plenty of guys or even girls that would love me far better than you ever did, and they wouldn't dare treat me as shitty as you do."

She just looks at me, kinda shocked, kinda appalled.

"Yeah, so just stay away from me," I say, standing from my chair and walking outta Starbucks.

○○○

"Thanks for picking me up," I sigh to Savanna.

"What'd she do?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," I say quietly.

"Do you need me to kill her?"

"She's not worth it."

"Cooper, please don't be sad."

"I'm not sad. I'm tired."

"I would be too, babe."

I look out the window.

"..do you think you still have feelings f-"

"No."

"Are you su-"

"I am soo fucking sure, Savanna. She's a piece of shit, and I do not have feelings for her, and I am soo sure of it."

"..ok. Well, Jeremey from work said you were hot."

"I don't care."

She frowns. "I hate it when you're 'tired'."

"So do I. We have Alex to thank for it."

"Don't let her control your life, Cooper."

"She already is."

□□□■■■

so it's super short but i have tests to study for sorry

Steal My Girl by One Direction (JDOSAKZOSPSOZJDIENXID8ENXNDLSMXJKSZKXKS)

basically

-Missy