Chapter 10

"You're not just fucking leaving," Ethan's voice follows us out.

"What do you want from me, Ethan?" I ask, dropping Alex's hand and turning to him. "And don't say fucking love or some sappy shit, 'cause we both know I do not love you."

"You used to."

"That's great for you, isn't it? The girl you're in love with used to love you."

He says nothing.

"Just move on. I did."

"You moved on before it was necessesary."

"Well, look where it got me. On Cloud Nine. I'm with someone I love, and who loves me so much back. Maybe you should try and find someone like that too. But she's no where around here."

"We'll see," he says, abruptly looking at Alex. "Heyy, Alex," he smiles at her.

She scowls at him.

"You look nice. Did you do something different with your hair?"

She looks at him, kinda confused, and then runs a hand through her hair. "No."

"Well, it's beautiful," he says, touching her hair.

She slaps his hand away. "Don't touch me."

He looks at me again and smiles. "Bye, guys."

I watch him walk away. "He only touched you because he knew it would bother me."

"Did it?"

"Yes, I hate it when other people touch you."

"Why?"

"Because you're fucking mine, Alex, not anyone who wants you. Only I get to touch what's mine."

"You touch my shit all the time."

"We share everything, we're practically married."

She smiles. "Not yet, babe."

"Yeah, when are you gonna do that?" I ask, walking through the parking lot.

"Whenever I want to."

"You should do it soon."

"I hate him. He needs to get over you. I mean, obviously you're in a relationship."

"True."

"I mean, is that not obvious to the general public, or..?"

"I feel the exact same way. Wow, we are perfect for each other. We should date," I joke.

"Shut up," she laughs.

"I love you," I smile at her.

"I love you too. Heyy, guess what I found out?" she asks, opening the door to the car and getting in. I get in too and put on my seatbelt.

"What?"

"My middle name."

"Really? What is it?"

She frowns at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Geneiveve."

"What?"

"That's my middle name. Fucking Geneiveve. Who the fuck names their kid fucking Geneiveve?"

"Geneiveve is a really nice name, Alex. And it's cute for you."

"Genevieve, Cooper. My middle name is Geneiveve."