Chapter 36

I slowly sit up, glancing around the bedroom. I stretch, plopping down on the large, empty bed. I yawn, slowly sliding outta bed as the scent of French toast fills my nose. I walk outta the bedroom, only to see Alex standing in the kitchen.

She turns. "Morning, babe."

I slightly smile. "..morning."

"Uhh, this'll be done in a little," she says, pointing to the French toast. "So you can go like..do whatever girls like to do until then."

I smile again. "..I'm gonna hop in the shower."

"I'll be here," she smiles too.

I smile again also and walk back into the bedroom.

Alex and I had sex again last night.

And I'm actually kinda happy we did. It was nice and I love how happy we usually are after we..do it.

I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower, stripping off my clothes. I get in and wash my body and hair, getting back out. I dry off and lotion, quickly blow drying my hair and putting on an oversized t-shirt. I walk outta the bathroom and back to the kitchen, where Alex stands, tying her hair into a messy ponytail and then sliding her hands into her pockets.

"I'm done," I say.

She turns and smiles. "Cool. It's on the table over there."

I walk over to the table and sit. Alex hands me a fork and sits down beside me. I eat a piece and of course, it's the best thing ever.

"Gosh, you're great at cooking," I sigh.

She opens her mouth for a piece and I put it in. She nods and swallows. "I really am, Cooper. You need to appreciate me more."

I roll my eyes, looking at the table. "..so, last night was fun.."

"..you think?" I can feel her eyes on me.

I nod slowly. "Yeah..yeah, it was..nice."

"..it feels so great to hear you say that."

"Why?"

"I was afraid you'd get mad like last time."

"I was talking about watching movies."

She rolls her eyes too, slumping back in her chair. "You piss me off."

"I'm kidding, baby," I giggle.

She rolls her eyes again, lacing her fingers through mine, kissing my hand.

"Do you wanna hang out again today?" I ask, my thumb stroking her hand.

"Uhh, I actually have to go to my parent's today. They said they want to give me something in 'preparation of tomorrow'," she sighs.

"What's tomorrow?" I joke.

"Nothing important," she shrugs, serious.

"I was kidding, I know it's your birthday."

"Well, yeah, but it's still no big deal."

"Yes, it is! Twenty one is huge!"

"Not really. I've drank, smoked, fucked, and done all that other shit they say you have to be twenty one to do for years now. What else is it really good for?"

"Uhh, maybe just because you're alive another year," I smirk.

"Yay," she says flatly, looking at her phone.

I roll my eyes, eating more French toast. "What do you have planned?"

"I have a philosophy test tomorrow and I have to go to English for notes."