Chapter Forty-Two ~ Patton

Start from the beginning

"Hey hey hey, you know what I heard?" He asked as he turned to them.

"What'd you hear?"

"I can't hear you, y'know what I heard?"

"WHAT'D YOU HEAR?"

Remy grinned. "I heard our boys need help! Let's tell 'em what we think!"

He took a deep breath, lowering the microphone, then screamed at the top of his lungs. "I!"

"I!" The crowd repeated.

"I BELIEVE!"

"I BELIEVE!"

"I BELIEVE THAT!"

"I BELIEVE THAT!"

"I BELIEVE THAT WE!"

"I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!"

The student section began to chant, their feet pounding on the bleachers as they jumped up and down. Remy tossed the mic to someone in the front row (probably making some poor sound guy cringe) and did a series of backflips across the gym floor.

"I didn't know he could do that!" Patton gasped.

"He says he's a man of many talents." Dorrian shrugged.

When halftime was over Remy settled down a little, but he still had the crowd roaring and bouncing. The Rhinos continued to pull ahead until the score was a dramatic split.

With 25 seconds left on the clock, Remy jumped up onto the front row of bleachers again, making motions for everyone to crouch down.

"ARE YOU READY?"

Patton cheered along with everyone else.

Remy pointed. "DO YOU SEE THE SCOREBOARD?"

The student section popped to their feet as Remy crouched. "YEAH WE SEE THE SCOREBOARD!"

"DO YOU SEE THE REFEREE?" He bobbed up again.

"YEAH WE SEE THE REFEREE!"

"DO YOU SEE THE LOSING TEAM?"

"YEAH WE SEE THE LOSING TEAM!"

DO YOU SEE THE WINNING TEAM?"

YEAH WE SEE THE WINNING TEAM!"

"SCOREBOARD!"

"SCOREBOARD!"

"REFEREE!"

"REFEREE!"

"LOSING TEAM!"

"LOSING TEAM!"

"WINNING TEAM!"

"WINNING TEAM!"

"THREE, TWO, ONE!" The buzzer went off and the crowd went wild. Remy whooped and did a one handed cartwheel.

"He'll be hanging out with the team in the locker room afterward, he uses their showers because he's gross after games." Dorrian told Patton as he got up. "He's my ride home so I'll show you where we can wait for him."

Suddenly Patton's stomach was turning knots. He knew he had told Virgil and Logan he'd ask Remy out and that it'd be easy, but... oh god he was nervous.

His chest felt like it was being squeezed by metal bands as something else suddenly came to mind.

"Dorrian, can I ask you a question?"

"He's bi."

Patton blinked, blushing. "How did you-"

"You were staring at him the whole game." Dorrian shrugged. "I had a hunch."

"Is he... will he be okay with you telling me?"

"Oh yeah he doesn't care."

Patton chewed his lip and fiddled with his shirt hem. 

Dorrian sat down by the side door to the locker room, pulling out his phone. "If it helps any, he never shuts up about you."

He pulled a face and began to mimic Remy's voice with impressive precision. "'Today Patton and I went to lunch during our break and he's so funny, we got coffee after work yesterday, I love hanging out with him, he's so cute.'"

Patton blushed and sat down to wait, smiling to himself. The basketball team wandered past them, mostly in groups, and he forced himself to stop freaking out every time the door opened. 

"Aww look, I've got an entourage."

"'Sup Loser." Dorrian didn't look up. Patton jumped to his feet.

Remy messed up his towel-dried and now teal and purple hair, grinning. "Ree, get lost for a few minutes."

"You're my ride home jacka**."

"Just go wait by the car, Jesus."

Dorrian rolled his eyes and hauled himself to his feet, walking off.

Remy turned back to Patton. "What did you think?"

"You looked like you were having fun." Patton giggled.

"Oh I was..."

"Hey, you want to see a movie on Saturday?"

"Do you want to do something Saturday?"

Patton blushed and began to giggle harder as he realized they'd spoken at the same time. Remy snorted and shook his head.

"Guess that gives us our answer."

"Yep! A movie sounds great."

"Cool. I'll text you about a time, 'kay?" Remy winked and began to walk away. "See you tomorrow, babes."

"Y-yeah, okay!"

Patton covered his face with his hands once the stylist had walked away, squealing.

{So in looking for good student section cheers I came across a video of the Wisconsin Badgers Student Section (I live in WI but don't go to UWM) doing their apparently iconic 'Eat Sh*t F*ck You' chant... why y'all like this lol

And here's the Remy color - I can't find a good dude version

AKA what I want my hair to look like}