Epilogue.

After almost everyone was gone, including Flint and Robin, it only cost me fifty bucks to get the DJ to hang out for a little while longer. The few people lingering, besides the staff from the hall, were completely passed out like Chase. Face down on a line of chairs with his fancy plastic cup filled with champagne just about to fall out of his hand, I was sure he would have quite the hangover tomorrow.

With the decorations starting to come down around us, Tess and I wanted to get as much time as we could together. Just swaying to the music with our arms wrapped around each other, it was almost like being at prom all over again.

"I almost forgot," I say remembering the little box hidden inside my pocket.

"What?" she questions.

I pull out the navy velvet box and open it to show her the crystal ring inside.

"This isn't an engagement ring, is it?" she asks hesitantly.

"No, no!" I reply trying to stop those thoughts. "It's just a promise, from me to you."

"It's beautiful," she finally says.

I take the small ring out of the box and put it on her left hand. She admires it for a second and I watch as the small dimples appear near the corners of her mouth.

"I promise never to do what I did to you again," I tell her, bringing back all the feelings of things I've been wanting to say to her.

"I know," she whispers.

She doesn't say anything more, she just pulls me in tighter as we slow dance the rest of the night away.

Tess and I forever together.