Part 2: Clumsiness Continues.

Start from the beginning

Shit! I closed my eyes in embarrassment.

He heard that for sure, what must he think of her now.

I didn't dare open my eyes but did opened one eye to see if he was there. He was not I sighed.

"make it for two" I heard him order his helper in the same soft tone. Not authoritative, nor harsh, just muscularly polite.

Vishal walked towards him and that made up to me that why he asked for two plates. But Vishal just talked to him whispering. 'yeah as if I was really interested to listen to what they say, huh!' But I was curious actually.

"Ms.Nagrajan" his voice startled me again, too deep and enthralling for my liking.

When I looked up at him, he pointed at the chair besides him where the plate was served.

I stood my ground, 'was he inviting me for dinner?'.

"I insist" his voice was not at all polite with insistence but with an order as if he was not asking he was telling me to sit there.

I walked cautiously and he got up stopping me midway my track. He pulled the chair for me and when I neared the chair I felt his hand brush against my back letting me settle on the chair. I was moved. He touched me! Karan Khanna touched me!. The fan within me wanted to squeal in joy but it actually made me nervous.

He sat back on his chair with such a poise and here I just slumped on the chair like a bean bag.

I tore a piece of roti that was served and dipped it into what looked like a gold vegetable, paneer it was, I realised when I took a big bite. My mouth was stuffed with the uncalculated size of the morsel that now I was actually finding it difficult to chew but I tried hard. Surely I looked like a cow right there moving my jaw left and right. My inner sane me smacked her forehead in embarrassment.

He leaned closer to me making me cautious. He took a napkin from nowhere and wiped the curry off lip stopping my every action. He smiled a bit before placing the napkin on my lap.

'Table manners' I remembered and suddenly I was so mad at myself. First of all I am at a strangers house, partially. He was Karan Khanna, whole world knows him! But here I was sitting with him having a dinner at his place. 'Why was I here anyway?' The thought appeared after I ate like 3 rotis without any shame at all.

He served me water and I gulped it down.

"Burp!" I held my mouth hard. Did I just burped! That to in front of two complete strangers! Karan Khanna seemed unaffected but I can feel Vishal glancing at me .

"sorry" I apologized really feeling utterly useless. I wanted the earth to swallow me right now, but the food was so delicious! It was like I was having a quality food after months! The last time I had dinner was 2 months back in this fancy hotel where Shardha gave us a treat on her birthday.

------

He still had his glares on I realised.

Why was he wearing glasses at night? That to in his own house?.

"Come with me" he said and started walking towards the staircase.

"excuse me, why am I here?" I asked standing in the hall while he climbed up two stairs but didn't bothered turning.

I pad towards him following him upstairs. He clicked open the door of one of the rooms upstairs, there were two, I noticed. "you will stay here" he said and waited for me to enter but when I didn't he looked back at me. 'Me staying here? In this room? In this mansion? What!,