For a Thousand Years...

The Lake...

Bella's P.O.V

Alice has been ranting about the lake for the last five minutes without a rest. Well, not ranting ranting, but according to her, how is this a family trip when more than a third of the family is not going? And as much as I love our crazy family, I also like to take a break from them once in a while. Lately, all we have been doing has been with my brother and Alice and their respective families. Barbeques, birthdays, pool parties, birthday parties, you name it. And it wasn't till last weekend that Edward and I sat down and planned a day out for just us and the kids. It seemed perfect until Alex let it slip by his cousin Johnny and Johnny told his mother.

"Alice, I promise you, next time we're all going to go to the lake," I assure her as I pack the sunblock in my purse. "But I've been seeing your face way too much. I need a break and I want Edward and the kids all to myself for the day. I deserve them."

Edward looks up from where he is in the kitchen, packing up all the snack we have made for the day and blows me a kiss.

"Fine, but it better be good," Alice says.

"I promise you, it'll be great." I hang up the phone and roll my eyes. "Seriously, I love your sister but I see her way too often."

"Weird," Edward says, picking up the cooler from the counter. "I thought the same thing about your brother." I chuckle and give him a quick peck on the lips when he passes me by. "Alright, I'm going to load the Volvo, let the kids know I expect their asses to be in the car in the next five minutes or else I'm leaving without them. You included."

"Oh really?" I arc a brow.

"Really. I see you way too often as well."

I slap his shoulder playfully and walk to the bottom of the stairs. "Children, your dad is finishing up loading the Volvo which means you have five minutes to get your asses in the car before he leaves!"

"Coming!" Ella emerges from the hall, carrying her purse and a towel. She has her boyshorts on and a simple spaghetti strap shirt because there is no way in hell Edward is letting her wear a bikini until she's about 48. Her curls bounce around her face as she skips down the stairs and runs past me.

"Where are Thing 1 and Thing 2?" I shout after her.

"We can leave without them!"

I roll my eyes and begin climbing up the stairs. "Boys, where are you? Come on, we're leaving right now." There is no sign of them when I reach the top of the stairs. "Alright, if you don't come out-AHH!" I scream when one of them jumps out of the bathroom wearing his Chucky mask. I literally felt my soul leave my body. "Goddamn, you scared the shit out of me!"

"Language," he scorns as he takes off his mask. "It's not nice to swear, Mom."

"Well, it's also not nice to scare your mother shitless," I reply. I turn him around and read the back. I knew it was Carlisle... I just wanted to make sure. "Alright, get your ass down to the car. You know your father hates waiting."

"Okay!" He runs down the stairs.

"And throw that damn mask away!" Seriously, ever since Halloween they have not taken those damn costumes off. "Alexander, if you don't come out right now, we're leaving without-AHH!" I push myself against the wall when he jumps out of his room wearing his Pennywise mask. "Fucking Christ, you two!"

"Language!" Alexander sings as he skips down the stairs.

I lean against the wall, feeling my heart beat starting to normalize after two potential heart attacks. I leave out a deep breath and pull my hair away from my face. "They're going to kill me one day. They really are."