If Not Now Then When?

Edward's P.O.V

"Are you sure it's all good? You don't need me to come back?"

"Bella, we are good. The guys and I are just having a few beers and Ella just woke up from her nap. She has been fed, burped and changed and she is a happy camper." I walk back to the kitchen where the guys are watching Ella and funny enough, Emmett has found Bella's Oreo jar.

"Alice said it shouldn't be long but if anything happens just call me and I'll run right back."

I laugh to myself. "Yeah, trust me if something were to happen darling, you'd be the last person I call."

"Promise me, Edward."

I roll my eyes. "I promise."

"And don't roll your eyes at me, mister."

"How'd you know I was rolling my eyes?"

"Call it motherly instinct."

"Sure. Enjoy your spa day."

I hang up and join the guys around the kitchen island.

"So when is your big date?" Emmett asked, leaning over the counter to take out a cookie out of Bella's massive cookie jar. "Don't you do that before you have a baby?"

I smack a cookie out of his hand and glare at him. "Seriously? When will the before you have a baby jokes start getting old? And how did you even find out?"

"Alice told Jasper."

I look at Jasper, who is sneaking a cookie out of Bella's cookie jar. He looks like a little five year old who has been caught in the middle of a mischief and shrugs.

"You two are worse than two women gossiping." I take the cookie jar from the counter and hide back in Bella's snack cabinet. When I turn back, Emmett is trying to feed a cookie to Ella. "Hey!" I take the cookie from him. "Seriously? She doesn't even have teeth, Emmett."

"At least give her the stuffing," he argues. "All this baby knows is milk from her mom's boobies. I'm shocked to say this but there are greater things in life than boobs and it's called food."

"Don't talk about your sister's boobs." I cringe at the thought of Emmett discussing the greatness of boobs. "And she cannot have solids yet, Em. She's barely a month old." I scoot my baby girl away from Tweedledee and Tweedledum. I pull the massive flower Alice wrapped around her head before she dragged Bella out the door. The girls decided that Bella was in desperate need for a girls day since she hasn't left the apartment unless it was an appointment ever since Ella was born. "Seriously, where does she get these? They make my daughter look like a gift."

"Edward?" Emmett leans in and snaps his fingers in my face. I look at him and roll my eyes. "You nervous about your date?"

"Emmett, it has been two weeks, we haven't had the chance to do anything. It's either work with me or Ella needs something, Ella isn't feeling good, Ella this and Ella that... There is never a good time."

"Are we ever going to get some alone time me and you?" Jasper mocks, pouting his lips. "You guys have a one month old baby, Edward. At some point, she'll be two months old, then one year old, then there's the terrible twos and the threes-bottom point, there will never be a good time unless you make one."

"Jasper is totally right. The longer you wait, the longer it will take. Bella already made the first move by asking you out, so why don't you make the next move and surprise her with a dinner out on your balcony, you got an amazing view."

"And you know how to cook!" Jasper points out.

"Yes!" Emmett smacks the countertop and grins ear to ear. "And who said you need a babysitter when Ella can be part of the whole thing. You can tell this little cutie that she was there on her  parents' first date."