The Birth

Bella's P.O.V

I stop pushing and drop back on Edward's chest. The pain is unbearable. I don't think I can do this. My entire body aches and we are not nearly done. My heart is pounding and I'm completely soaked in my own sweat. I feel the contraction come again. "OHH SHIT!"

"It's okay, Bella. Just push!" Edward encouraged me from behind me. "Come on, one big push!"

Dr. Greene started counting as I pushed. I let out a deep groan as I push as hard as I can but the pain is just too much. "Ten... nine... eight... Bella, you have to push harder, sweetie. Come on, do it for your little girl."

"I can't!" I cry out and lean my head against Edward's chest.

"Yes, you can," he says against my ear. "You made this far, love. You can do it. Come on, push!"

The contraction hits again. I cry out as I push as hard as I can. I can see my nails digging into Edward's arms, but he doesn't complain. They're both counting, Edward is encouraging me to breathe. Those are the longest ten seconds of my life. I cry when I stop, still feeling the ache all over my body. Dr. Greene tells me I'm doing a good job. The fuck does she mean?

"She's crowning, Bella. Come on, now push harder!"

I scream as the contraction comes again. It's harder than the last one. I crouch a little, pushing as hard as I can. Edward keeps kissing the side of my sweaty face, encouraging me. If it wasn't because those little acts encourage me a bit, I would have slapped him a long time ago.

"She's almost out, almost out!" Dr. Greene calls out. "One final push, Bella. One final push and we'll meet your baby girl! One, two and..."

I push, harder than I ever have.

And the pain is gone.

I don't feel her anymore.

I fall back against Edward's chest and it happens. She cries. She's here. My baby girl is here. Dr. Greene stands up and in her hands she holds the smallest thing I ever seen.

"T-that came out of me?" I cry.

Edward half laughs and half cries. "She's beautiful." She's so small and is all covered in white stuff, but I can see she already has a dark set of hair.

"She's so beautiful," I sob. I want to reach over to touch her but Dr. Greene walks away with her. "W-where are you taking her?"

"It's okay, love. It's okay." Edward kisses the side of my head and rubs my arms. "They're just wrapping her up and checking it's all good."

I breathe a little. "Okay... okay but please be very gentle with her, she's so small."

Edward chuckles a bit and hugs me from the back. Dr. Greene comes back with our baby girl wrapped in a pink blanket and slowly hands her to me. Oh, she's so warm and so small, she fits right in my arms. She's so beautiful, I can't stop looking at her. Edward caresses her hair, which is chestnut for what I see. She has my hair! I cry and laugh at the same time looking at her. Her little button nose, her chubby cheeks. All of her is perfect.

She fuses a bit in my arms.

"Hi baby girl," I croaked, bouncing her a bit in my arms. She moves in my arms, her little arms up against her little head. "Hi, baby girl. I'm your Mommy. You lived in me for the past nine months."

Edward laughs and then leans down on my shoulder. I look at him and see that he's crying. Oh my god, Edward Cullen is crying. I nudge him a bit and he looks at me with the happiest smile I've ever seen on his face. He then leans down and kisses me.