Does She Know?

Edward's P.O.V

Ella is starting to be able to hold her head up for several minutes. She even has mastered the rolling back and forth a couple times. She's even began to babble. Bella likes to have Ella sleep between us after her 3 am feeding, so when I wake up, Ella's feet are pressed right against my cheek. I open one eye to see her lying horizontally between Bella and I, her little head against Bella's chest and her feet against my face. She's wide awake, mouth open, pushing against me. I notice Bella stripped her from her onesie as she lays in her diapers only. I open my mouth and munch on her little feet, earning a gargle of something that sounds like a laugh.

"You're up early," I tell her, grabbing her little feet and munching on them some more. Ugh, that baby smell sure is intoxicating.

Ella rolls on her stomach again, her new party trick, and starts pulling on Bella's shirt. Oh, she's hungry. She starts babbling, hitting Bella's face with her little hand and tugging on her shirt. She'll drop her head here and then when she gets tired, only to resume again until Bella wakes up.

"Okay, okay, I'm up." Bella yawns, stretching on the bed the same way Ella does. Arms over her head, legs stretched out and eyes clenched shut. Bella let's out a groan and rolls over to Ella. "Little Miss Persistent." She looks at me. "Did she wake you up?"

I nod. "Woke up to her toes up my nose."

Bella laughs as she sits up against the headboard, pulling Ella on her lap. She lifts her shirt and lets Ella go to town.

"Oh, she's hungry." Bella looks at me amused and then back down to our baby. She softly caresses our baby's rolls. "Look at these rolls, aren't they cute? She's going to be extra chunky."

I crawl over them them and take my baby's leg. She gives me a side look, almost telling me don't bother me during my feeding time. "Mmm, delicious rolls." I munch on her little legs, and shower her with kisses. She kicks back. Bella and I laugh. "Well, excuse me, Miss. Don't want to be bother while you're eating, huh?"

"Wonder where she gets it from?" Bella hums, looking up and tapping her chin with her finger.

"Don't point a finger at me," I say. "She gets it from you."

"Me?" Bella has the audacity to pretend to be offended. "No she doesn't!"

"Please! You're whole pregnancy no one could say hi to you while you were eating because you snapped," I remind her. "The only thing she gets from me is her appetite."

Bella chuckles. "You know what I noticed?"

"What?"

She lifts my baby's leg and shows me her mole on the side of her little knee. It's just a small dot. "She got that from you." She runs her hand through my baby's curls. "She got the curls from you, though the color is mine. She has your eyes and if I'm not wrong, you guys may even have the same feet."

I smile and stare at our daughter. I find more similarities between her and Bella, than with me. I rather her have her mother's looks, though it's more common daughters looks more like their fathers and sons like their mothers. We'll have to see to prove that theory.

I lean down and kiss every single one of my baby's toes. "You're gonna have big clown feet, aren't you, baby girl?"

* * *

"That was a short honeymoon."

Emmett storms in my apartment with Rosalie, immediately taking Ella from Bella, who is sitting on the couch. They don't bother to say hi to any of us, they just go straight to Ella. It's not like we're not used to by now, Ella sure likes to be the center of attention.