~awaken~

Juvia's POV

Juvia awoke, and for a moment just lay still, thoughts in disarray. For this brief moment, everything was peaceful.

And then the memories came flooding back to her.

She gasped, and tried to sit up. She then found she couldn't.

Opening her eyes, she looked down at whatever it was that was stopping her movements. To her surprise, it was Natsu, fast asleep across her lap, snoring loudly.

She let put a chuckle of relief, before the thought occurred to her that she didn't remember getting into a bed in the first place. Looking around, she realized she wasn't home to begin with.

"You're in Magnolia hospital, dear." Said a soft voice from somewhere in the room.

Juvia turned wearily to see an old lady in a nurses outfit sitting in a chair across the room. She smiled at her.

"You've been out for three weeks healing from your wounds. I'm surprised you've woken up so early."

Juvia frowned, then looked back down at Natsu.

"Three weeks, huh."

The nurse nodded. "This boy's been here by your side for the entire time. He didn't even sleep the first few days until I cast a spell on him. Don't want him getting sick, now do we?"

Juvia chuckled at that. He really stayed with her all this time. She watched him, lost away in a deep sleep. He looked so peaceful.

"That's quite the boyfriend you got. I swear, if all guys were as loyal and loving as he is there'd be no more wars!"

Juvia blushed profusely. "He's not-"

The nurse chuckled, interjecting. "I wouldn't finish that sentence if I were you."

Juvia looked down once again. Natsu had begun stirring in his sleep. Before she could say anything, he jerked up, falling off the bed and hitting the ground with a thud.

"AAAAAAAA! Who pushed me!?" He shouted from the floor.

He quickly got up, making eye contact with Juvia.

He stood silently for a moment. Then he rushed forward, embracing her in a tight hug.

Tears brimmed in Juvia's eyes. Smiling lightly, they remained still for what seemed like an eternity. Juvia had finally found the peace within herself.

•••

The two left the hospital, hand in hand, with no clear idea where they were headed. Juvia was still limping, bandage wrapped around her legs, but she could support herself enough to walk.

"I know exactly how to make you better!" Natsu exclaimed.

Juvia looked at him questionably. "And that is...?"

"A date!" He said blissfully.

Juvia blushed. Before she could say anything, Natsu continued on with his master plan.

"Okay, so first we'll go ice skating, and then we'll get lunch, and then maybe-"

"Natsu, my legs don't exactly work right now." Juvia laughed.

"Oh." He stopped. After a few seconds of vigorous thinking, he smiled again.

"I got a plan."

•••

The two arrived at the ice rink, which was filled by a couple dozen people. When they approached at the renting counter, Natsu ordered one pair of skates.