Chapter 28 : Transformation

What I imagine Caroline's Wolf ⬆️Looks Like⬆️

Caroline's POV-

Its an ecstasy of agony and when it ends my eyes feel different I'm seeing everything in far too vivid detail, colours aren't what they should be and the things I can smell are so intense that it almost makes me want to bury my nose.

One scent stands out though and I recognise it as a much more concentrated version of Klaus's although this smell has a million different nuances and flavours that make it far more complex and tantalising.

I try to stand up and it's then I realise what must have happened, I see paws instead of hands coated with a thick layer of white fur I find Klaus kneeling beside me awe in his eyes as he reaches out with a hand to touch my head.

He strokes my head and ears and it feels like a full body caress it's oddly comforting.

'Can you still hear me' I think and even thinking feels different, I want to run to hunt my instincts are fighting against my human need to think.

'Yes but it's like it's coming through a tunnel sweetheart' He thinks back and I can hear the awe in his tone.

'Come and play with me let's explore' I think back desperate to see this new world through the eyes of my wolf.

He gives me a smile shrugging off his clothes and transforming in what seems like seconds, I'm sure I must have taken far longer.

We race after each other play fighting and hunting rabbits happily, we can still communicate mentally but the need to talk as a wolf is minimal. We communicate with gestures and growls, signals that are too natural to even dream of denying.

It's a long time later that I sense Klaus herding me home, I give in and race towards it eagerly stopping when I get outside the giant manor. I look to Klaus and watch his body transform back he holds up a hand gesturing for me to stay here and he flashes away, coming back clothed in a pair of loose fitting shorts but nothing else with something in his hand which he places on the floor by his feet.

'Come on sweetheart feel for the other part of you grab it and come back to me'  He thinks tenderly running his hand over my head.

I whine and paw the ground and he understands keeping up his petting and keeping his voice soft and gentle.

'I know it hurts love but it's only for a second come on you can do it' He eases me into the idea, I know Klaus wouldn't lie to me and so I push through that layer of pain grabbing for my other self. The feeling of my body twisting feels more natural this time and what feels like hours later I'm crouching on the hard gravel panting but back to my vampire self.

"There you go sweetheart, you did brilliantly." Klaus praises quickly wrapping a thick but incredibly soft blanket around me lifting me so my bare feet aren't on the hard gravel.

"My skin feels almost extra sensitive, is that normal?" I ask as he flashes us into the house.

"It will ease love, although you'll be able to scent a lot clearer now even in vampire form it'll only get stronger when you shift." He murmurs softly as he carries me straight to his room and places me in one of the comfy armchairs.

'Stay there' he growls in my head when I start to move making me relax back quickly.

I hear water running and a few minutes later he comes to scoop me back up, carrying me into the bathroom he sets me on my feet and gestures to the huge bath that's all but foaming with bubbles.