Chapter 33 : Pancakes

Caroline's POV-

We play for a little while before we swap to talking mentally, I don't want to wake Kol's who finally in a proper sleep, with his sensitive vampire hearing.

It's hours later and with my hand still clasped in Klaus's tightly that we pull up home, as soon as the car stops I can't help but sigh in relief it feels good to be back.

Do we carry them in I ask as we both get out to stretch our legs.

Kol woke up the minute we stopped driving his heartbeat started to speed up love.

"I'll get Bonnie." I say going over to her side.

"I've got her, I'll put her in the guest room." Kol yawns getting out of the car.

"Alright we'll see you in the morning them." I whisper back, catching his yawn.

He nods and the next second him and a still asleep Bonnie have flashed away, Rebekah and Elijah turn up moments later and look as fresh faced as when we started the journey. Even Kol seemed brimming with energy, and he'd only had a few hours sleep as a power nap.

"This needing to sleep thing is going to be annoying when you don't need to as much." I say as we make our way up to the house.

"You'll learn Care, it takes time to build up endurance in older vampires, or so I've heard." Rebekah gives me a pitying smile.

"Did it not work like that with you, did you not have to learn?" I ask curious as we make our way inside and Beckah puts the kettle on.

"We were taught from the moment we first turned to embrace our power, the same way a witch would embrace their magic, when we were young vampires we had no choice but to survive on little sleep while traveling long distances to escape from Father." Elijah replies leaning against the counter.

"So you grew with your power, what about the older vampires you've turned?" I question yawning again.

"They like you had to be taught to actively combine their power, although they had a lot less power to control. You'll pick it up quickly enough, you can already access your wolf with minimal pain and that takes hybrid power love.." Klaus murmurs pulling me against his chest so I can nuzzle at will.

"Of course Niklaus is right, you are a different species entirely we have
no idea the extent of your power compared to ours." Elijah gives a sigh of pure happiness as he takes a sip of perfectly brewed coffee.

"Would you like some?" He gestures to the pot.

"We're going to bed brother, we'll talk further in the morning." Klaus replies for me, leading me out of the room.

I whisper shout my goodnights as we make our way up to our room, stripping and throwing an oversized shirt on before climbing into the cold sheets, wrapping them around me as tightly as I can.