Special 5/The Past

Start from the beginning

(It burned, it burned, it burned.)

(Y/n) frantically ran out of her house, pain seeping through her body.

(A curse of being a nation. All nations can feel what is happening to their country.)

She ran and ran and ran. Away from her burning town, away from the shouts of worried people and she plunged into the unforgiving world with guilt gnawing in her mind.

(Was this considered... betrayal?)

O.o.O

(Y/n) wasn't sure where she ended up.

She hitched on rides with merchants and people through the land. Her young figure making it easy to allow people to let her on. It's been almost two weeks. The burning feeling in her body had somewhat faded into a dull ache. She knew she was out of (C/n)'s borders and out somewhere to a different country. The only hint she got was the colder weather where she was dropped off.

It was almost unbearably cold but not quite. Snow decorated the hard ground under her as she took cautious steps to not slip. Snow crunched under her feet as she walked through the path in the middle of the forest. Her reddening cheeks and fingers were a sign of the cold but she had nowhere warm to go now.

(Y/n) stopped when she reached a frozen lake. It was completely frozen over with specks of snow layer over it. Her eyes slid over it before she finally sat down and leaned against a tree. Small sobs racked her body as she buried her face into her arms. She had left her country. Everything had burned down. She had nothing left and to top it all off, she was in unknown territory.

(Could the situation be any worse?)

(Y/n) was still counted as a young nation. It was surprising that she hadn't broken down earlier considering what's happened in the past few weeks.

Her eyes dropped lower and lower until darkness grasped at her and she could feel nothing in the cold environment.

O.o.O

(Y/n) woke up to the feeling of someone shaking her. She groaned and shakily opened her eyes. She blinked a couple of times to clear her vision. In front of her was a girl, a few years older than her with blue eyes and blonde hair, tied back into a bun. Hiding behind her were two younger people. One was a girl with purple eyes and blonde hair with a bow on top of her head. The last person a male with silvery blond hair and violet eyes. The was a light pulse of energy around them and (Y/n) knew what that meant.

They were nations like she was.

(There was a creeping sensation that wasn't the cold. It was the first time she had seen other nations.)

"Are you okay?" the oldest girl asked. She had a small accent when she spoke.

"Y-yeah," (Y/n) croaked, her throat feeling dry, "You're n-nations, right?"

There was a brief moment of surprise before the girl with a bow that was hiding behind the older girl said, "So are you."

(Y/n) coughed, "Y-yeah."

"Are you okay?" the boy asked.

"W-water would b-be nice," (Y/n) said.

The oldest girl poured some water into (Y/n)'s mouth carefully.

"T-thank you," she smiled gratefully.

"You're welcome," the oldest girl smiled back.

"Who are you?" the girl with a bow asked, clutching the older girl's jacket.