8

Rye

"WHAT THE-?! ANDY!", I shouted as Andy was rushing out of the room.

What just happened?

I put the guitar on the chair next to me and stood up. Andy had dropped my phone on the floor. I picked it up and the glass was even more broken.

"ANDY!", I shouted again. I could hear his door slamming. What was wrong with this guy?!

My eyes fell on my display.

Hey Love,
sorry for posting these things on Instagram. Can we talk? xxx

A message from her. Had Andy seen it? Was he upset just because of this message?

I decided to delete the message without replying to it. After that I blocked her number, Insta and every other social media. I didn't want to have her in my life anymore.

"Hey, is everything alright?", Robbie was peeking through the door. I just nodded, unable to answer. I was still too confused. Why has Andy gone so mad about a simple message?

"Okay?", Robbie sounded really sceptical. He was about to shut the door, but I asked him, before he got the chance to leave. "Hey, could you film my cover for tonight?". I wanted to upload it, so I could close this chapter in my life forever. Robbie smiled. "Of course, brother!". 10 minutes later I was back in my room and looked through the recordings that Robbie had taken. I wanted to pick the best.

As I listened to the song over and over again I slowly started to understand the lyrics and who they originally were meant to be about.

But this couldn't be true.

The last days I had tried to stay physically as far away as possible from Andy, because everytime we had touched somehow, my brain had stopped working and a strange, new feeling in my stomach had appeared. It confused me.

Andy had been my best friend for years now and I didn't want to destroy this. I realized that he had been really drunk that night and he would never had kissed me sober. He wasn't gay and he especially wasn't interested in me.

Heartbroken and confused I added four words to my caption and I knew that everybody would think they were meant for her, but in reality they were just meant for the one and only person in this whole world, who would never betray or leave me, but would never love me.

" I guess I couldn't"

As soon as I had posted the cover, the comments below the video exploded. I decided to take a shower and ignore all the comments for some minutes before facing the ugly truth about being called out and sued for cheating and using girls.

10 minutes later I cuddled up in my bed and grabbed my phone. I'd heard that Andy had unlocked his door after I had left the bathroom, but I didn't want to bother him. That's why I returned to my bed, all alone, scrolling through comments that spread so much hate and negativity.

I hadn't cheated on her, I would never cheat on a person! But I knew that nobody would believe me because my looks and my ex girlfriends had given me the reputation of a fuckboy.

I knew that I probably had too many girlfriends in my life, but no girl had ever felt right for me. I probably should had stayed single instead, but I was afraid.