5

Andy

My heart had dropped the second Rye had mentioned, that he couldn't remember anything from last night either. I'd just wanted to test him, but it had totally went into the wrong direction. I wasn't sure whether I should believe him or not, but it hurt me in a way I couldn't explain.

We continued to eat and talk about random stuff as if nothing ever happened. I finished my cereals while listening to Rye talking. Well, to be honest I didn't really listen to him. My thoughts were running wild in my head and I was totally out of touch with reality. That's why I nearly got a heart attack when Rye suddenly clapped his hands in front of my face.

"Andy, what are you dreaming about?", he asked smirking. "Sorry! ", I mumbled. I looked down to my bowl and the mess I had made. The moment Rye had scared me, I'd dropped my spoon and it had splashed milk and cereals all over the table, my hoodie and my lap. I sighed. This day couldn't even get any worse.

Rye laughed. "Shut up!", I mumbled and felt myself blush. I stood up and went into the kitchen to grab a towel. As I was searching for a clean towel I heard Ryes voice behind me. "So, I'm going to ask you again. What are your plans for today? ".

I kept myself quiet, while searching for an excuse not to spent the day with him. But I couldn't find one. I wanted to spend time with him! I wanted to spend every single second of the day only with him. So I just shrugged my shoulders. "Why?".

Rye suddenly seemed to be nervous. "Well, I've been thinking to post a cover on my Instagram. But I'm struggling with getting the chords right with the strumming pattern on the guitar. Could you help me out?". I waited a minute and cleaned the table before answering.

A cover?

Nothing special about that, but he really struggled with looking at me while asking. I tried to play it cool so I shrugged my shoulders again and tried to smile at him. "Sure!", I answered as if it wasn't a big deal for me. A smile appeared to Ryes face. "Thank you, mate!".

"What song are you thinking about to cover?", I asked curiously. During our conversation I had been standing the whole time next to the table, as I was cleaning everything up. But the second I heard the title of the song, I had to take a seat.

"Can I be him by James Arthur".

I gulped, trying to keep my face straight. I couldn't stand her right from the beginning. The second she had walked on set, with her long brown hair and dark eyes. Looking like Ariana Grande, looking like all the other girls before her.

Rye had a certain type of girls he choose, when it came to dating. Beautiful girls, with long brown hair, dark eyes, tanned skin, sportive and extremely in love with fashion and social media. Girls, that liked to get attention, girls, that seemed kind of arrogant.

But they never were.

They were as nice as Rye, dreamers and most of them had souls as beautiful as their lookings. But I never liked one of them, because for me they never felt right. They never seemed to fit into our world, Ryes lifestyle and especially our rules.

"Andy, you're dreaming. AGAIN!", snapped Rye into my thoughts for the second time. "Sorry!", I mumbled once again. "I'm going to take a shower! We'll meet here in half an hour and bring your guitar!", I pressed out before leaving the kitchen table.

This couldn't go on like this forever. I had to change something. I had to get him out of my brain and more important, I had to get him out of my heart. I needed to keep my feelings under control if I wanted to continue being friends with him.

//

The cold shower helped me to get my thoughts back in order and erase the blurry memories from last night. I turned off the water as soon as I started to freeze, grabbed a towel and started to dry me up. Afterwards I put on my fluffy warm bathrobe and looked through the medicine cabinet for something that would help me to get rid of my headache. I found some aspirin and swallowed two pills. Then I cleaned my teeth and went back in my room.

I decided to wear something comfy today and went towards the big black wardrobe, that filled half of my room. After ten minutes I finally had picked out an outfit for today: my coloured camouflage pants and a black hoodie.

I threw myself onto my bed and grabbed my phone, searching for the original song by James Arthur to get the strumming for the song. My eyes fell on the clock in the corner of my phone display. I had five minutes left, before I would meet with Rye again. I pulled out my headphones, connected them with my phone, put them into my ears, laid back and closed my eyes.

» You walked into the room
And now my heart has been stolen
You took me back in time to when I was unbroken
Now you're all I want «

I listened closely to the lyrics of the song, although I originally had planned on only listening to the instrumental. The lyrics cut deep into my heart. They spoke the truth I was too afraid to admit.

» When the lights come on and I'm on my own
Will you be there to sing it again
Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories
Can I be him «

I felt tears filling up my eyes. And then, out of nowhere, Rye was standing in front of my bed, touching my leg to get my attention. I had never screamed and jumped that much in my life, because he scared me so much.

The tears in my eyes were immediately soaked back into my head and I looked at Rye, first shooked, then furious.

"WHAT THE HELL, RYE?!".

I screamed like a girl. The surprised expression, that had appeared on his face, because of my reaction, turned into amusement and he started laughing. I slowly inhaled, then exhaled to calm myself down.

"Really, Beaumont! Can't you just knock on the door like any other person on this planet?! ", I sassed, burying my face in my hands in embarrassment.

Rye continued laughing. "I -, I did! You -, you should have seen your face! Oh, God!".

He wasn't able to speak correctly because he was crying out of laughter. He sat on the ground and he laughed so hard that I was even able to hear his laugh. Usually he had this tone less cute laugh, but in some situations this special laugh just broke out of him and it was even cuter.

His laughter calmed my fast beating heart down a little and I was able again to stand up without collapsing, because of my shivering knees. "Whatever!", I mumbled and I hoped he couldn't hear the little smile I tried to hide in my voice. I wanted to sound still pissed. "Are you coming now? ", I asked walking out of the room. No answer.

I quickly looked back over my shoulder, just to see Rye slowly standing up from the ground, holding his stomach with both hands, still breathless and laughing, now without any sound again. I felt a warm fuzzy feeling spreading inside my body. It was overwhelming to see him finally that happy again.

A/N

As I mentioned before:
Everything I write is fictional and does not represent my actual opinion or any opinion of the boys. I do not want to harm any person with that story or talk bad about particular persons.

Lots of love xx