|chapter thirty two|

Luke

My eyes fluttered open and I scanned the room with my eyes. Where was I? Just as the thought crossed my mind I glanced over to see such a beautiful sleeping girl, Brielle. We must've fallen asleep last night while we talked. She looked so at peace, I liked seeing her this way. Peace, that's one thing I wish I could give her. 

That's when memories of last night replayed in my head. She asked me about the girl, Havana Matos. I was pissed at Mike, why would he tell anyone especially Brielle? That was something we agreed we would never speak on, unless to each other. I hated him at this moment, why would he say anything?

I looked back to Brielle and all of my anger washed away, she brought me such happiness. She was such a beautiful person inside and out. She was such a kind soul, someone you would want to protect at all costs. I could only hope that one day I could make her mine, when the time is right of course. 

I stood up very slowly, being sure not to wake her up. I leaned down placing a very delicate kiss on her forehead and then turned to leave. I needed to get home to my mother, she was probably worried sick about me.

I made my way down the street, I knew a few shortcuts which would cut my walk so much shorter. I didn't have a cellphone anymore so there was no way to contact me, which probably scared the shit out of my mom since she didn't know where I was. I felt bad that I didn't come home last night but I'm sure she'd understand.

Soon I arrived home, walking up to my house. I caught a glimpse of a unknown vehicle in my driveway. Did my mom have a visitor? I didn't dare go see who it may be, for all I know it could be one of Valentino's people sent to finish me off. 

I grabbed the door handle and opened it, I was hit in the face by the overwhelming smell of cinnamon. That must have been my mom's newest favorite fragrance. "Lucas?" she called out, excitement evident in her tone. I walked in, closing the door behind me just as my mom appeared in front of me. She pulled me into a hug, and in that very moment I remembered just how much I adored her.

I felt so bad for passing the blame off onto my mother, she had been nothing but a fantastic mother for my whole life. "Where were you last night? I was worried sick," she asked placing a gentle hand on my cheek. I smiled at her, "I fell asleep at Brielle's house," I said and her lips instantly made a smile. 

"Brielle?" she asked being sure that that is actually what I said, I nodded. "What's going on with you two? Are you guys a couple now?" she asked. Normally my reaction to my mom assuming someone was my girlfriend would be anger but for some reason I didn't get angry, in fact I just laughed. "No mom, Brielle is just a good friend," I said but I could tell she wasn't buying it.

"Luke, I've told you before and I'll tell you again, Brielle is a nice girl. You don't need to let her get away, you'll regret it forever. She's a kind young lady and you better not break her heart. I know how you young men are, you don't see what you have in front of you until it is long gone. Don't be one of those Luke," she said, she was speaking from personal experience I could tell. 

There was a long pause, I didn't know what to say to her. "Oh sweetheart," she said then paused hurrying off into the living room and quickly returning holding a cellphone, "I got your cellphone fixed,it was broken on the concrete that day." I took the phone from her. It was the very same phone I had before, I didn't bother checking the messages, it was probably just a bunch of people texting me out of pity for what happened. "Thanks mom," I said and she held a finger up as if to tell me to hold on. "And, I got you a welcome home gift," she said holding up a pair of car keys. My mouth immediately dropped, the car in the driveway was mine. "Mom, you shouldn't have. Thank you so much," I said hugging her tightly again.

I think in a way, the only reason she bought me the car was because she felt sorry for what happened and didn't want anything like that to happen again. I really couldn't believe it, I had a car now. No more calling Ashton for a ride or asking my mom for her car. Those days were long gone.

"Hey mom, I'm gonna run to my room and change," I said as I turned to walk towards my bedroom. It was untouched, everything was still in it's designated spot. I sat down on the edge of my bed, pulling my phone out. 134 text messages.

There were several unread text messages but only one stuck out to my eyes. Valentino, 

Message from: Valentino

That was your warning, there won't be another. When I tell you to do something you do it! I talked to your doctors and I gave you another chance at life, Havana didn't get another chance. Remember that. You will be expected to return to our spot exactly 7 days after you return home. If you fail to follow instructions, well you'll see.

**
Author's note:

Hey there , how are you?

sorry this part was a bit shorter. I hope you enjoyed :)

love you all to pieces <3

-k.