|chapter six|

//this chapter will be longer than usual//

The bell sounded, telling me it was time to go home. It felt like a weight had been taken off of my shoulders, this week was such a stressful week for me but finally it was Friday.

I exited my last class of the day, heading for the parking lot. All I wanted to do was go home and relax. On a Friday, I typically would just go home and change into some fuzzy socks and some sweatpants, grab some snacks and watch Netflix, that's my idea of a good day!

I entered the parking lot of the school, seeing all of my peers getting into their cars and driving away. I tried my best to stay out of their way to avoid being ran over.

I could see my car, the sun reflecting off of its cherry red color. I hit the button on my keys to unlock the car. Just then, I seen a boy standing a few feet from my car, looking lost and I knew there was no way to avoid him.

I caught a glimpse of a head full of blonde curls on a tall boy. He looked lost, he wasn't surrounded by his usual group of criminals.

I walked up to my car, trying so hard to not let him see me but just my luck, he turned and looked at me. He didn't speak, he just made eye contact with me, and in that moment I could tell he was angry.

I opened my car door, slipping into the driver's seat. I put the key into the ignition, turning it and turning my car on. Usually, I would pull away now but something told me to help the lost boy.

I pressed the button to roll down the window, "Excuse me," I said. He turned around leaning down so he could see me. "Do you need a ride?" He had confusion etched on his face at my question but immediately nodded, grabbing the door handle and getting in the passenger side.

He smelled strongly of cologne, the nice aroma filled my car as soon as he got inside. I drove off, "Where do you want me to drop you off?" I asked, as I didn't know anything about him, especially not where he lived.

"Um, Watts Street," he said. "And thanks for the ride." He was still angry, I could tell. Each word he said was laced with anger, but what had infuriated him?

I actually felt bad for the boy, it was just something in my heart. I felt bad that he was so angry, I'm just a caring person, I hated seeing others angry.

"You're welcome," I said and that's when I remembered how rude I had been to him a few days prior. "Oh and I wanted to apologize for being rude the other day," I said causing him to redirect his gaze to me, I felt like I could be crushed under his gaze. He was intimidating, "You're not sorry, don't even say you are. Besides, I could careless rich girl," he hissed at me, he seemed to be a bit more angry now.

All the feelings of pity I had for him had been washed down the drain, that's what I get for being nice.

//

*Ding*

A text came through on my phone. I grabbed it, and unlocked it to read the message.

From: Jasmine :)

5211 West Haven Road

I stared at the dimly lit screen for several minutes, trying to understand what this address was. Just then, I realized it was the address for the party I'd agreed to attend.

"Shit," I whispered silently to myself, getting up to find an outfit. I'd completely forgotten about the party.

I jogged over to my closet, grabbing a cute dress that I'd never wore before. It was a bit short but I wanted to fit in with the other girls my age and "live a little" as I'd been told by multiple friends throughout my life.