|chapter twenty one|

Luke:

I had just dropped off my final delivery of cocaine. I sat inside my moms car, counting the money that was in my hands to be sure I wasn't going to short Valentino. God only knows what would happen if I came up short.

I had one day until my 'deadline' to bring Valentino his money. I decided it would be best if I waited until tomorrow to give him his money.

I put the car in drive and drove as fast as legally possible to my house. Brielle was supposed to help me catch up on my schoolwork so I had to be home as soon as I could so I wouldn't miss her.

Once my house was in sight I could also see a cherry red car sitting in my driveway and it felt like I lost all feeling in my body. "Please don't be mad at me," I sighed out loud to myself. I didn't want her to get angry that I left her in her car waiting.

I quickly pulled into the driveway and got out of my mom's car, her laugh filled the air. It wasn't coming from her car though, it was coming from inside my house. How would she be inside? Did she break in or something?

I opened my front door stepping inside. That's when I was met by Brielle and my mother, both with a mug in their hand and giggling looking at baby photos of me. "Mom! Don't show her those," I said in a panicked tone, I swear my mom was set out to embarrass me. I guess she didn't hear me because my words didn't even seem to affect them.

"And this one, is the time I took him to his uncle's house and he fell into a mud puddle," my mom said laughing. "Awe how cute, look at his little cheeks," Brielle said, sipping her coffee from the mug.

"Brielle," I said, and she turned around to look at me. "Oh Luke! I didn't even know you were here yet," she said with a smile. "I've met your mom, she's the sweetest," she said, causing my mom to smile. I liked seeing my two favorite ladies getting along.

"Sorry to interrupt your girl time,"  I said sarcastically, pretending to walk off. "Lucas get back in here," my mom said. "You two can go do your homework or whatever is, I won't keep you any longer," she said with a light chuckle as Brielle and I got up walking off to my room.

"Where were you Luke?" Brielle asked as she closed the door behind her. "I can't tell you Brielle," I said hoping she would just forget the question and start working. "Tell me, I want to know," she said, her tone almost reminding me of a child. I shook my head, "I'm not telling you. You can't be involved," I said.

Brielle sighed and rolled her eyes, "Tell me or I'm leaving," she said, and I could tell in her tone she wasn't joking. Why would she leave? Why was she so concerned? "Why do you even care?" I asked, genuinely curious. "Because you're my friend Luke and despite what you may think, I care about you, a lot! I want to know where you were and why you're sweating right now," she said, causing me to wipe my forehead and there was indeed sweat.

"Fine, I'll tell you but only because you deserve an explanation," I said, taking a deep breath. Brielle could stop being my friend over my next statement so I had to choose my words very carefully. "I'm a drug dealer Brielle. I was out, selling the last bit of product I had and collecting the money."

Brielle stared blankly at me for what felt like ages. She was speechless. "So that's what Michael meant when he told me you needed to stop," she finally said, her voice much weaker than I had ever heard it before. I nodded, all of my friends wanted me to be out of this business. We were all 'misfits' but I was the only one involved in drug related business.

"Luke, please stop," she sighed, her voice was so weak. "Brielle it's not that easy. I want to quit but I can't," I said. Brielle was still staring at me blankly but just then I seen a tear fall from her cheek. Why was she crying?

"I understand but please, for me just try to quit. Try to do something to quit, you can't make this a lifestyle," she said, she was completely right but so wrong all at once. "I'll try baby- I mean Brielle," I said, pulling her into a hug. She didn't even seem phased by me accidentally calling her that.

"Why are you crying?" I asked, and she lifted her head up. "Because it hurts me to know that you want to get out of this but can't, I've seen in movies the consequences of drug dealing and I wouldn't wish that on you, I just want you to stop," she said.

"Promise me one thing?" I asked, I had to have her promise me this before I could proceed with anything else. "What is it?" "Promise me that no matter what, you won't get involved. The business is risky and I don't want you to be in the middle of it." I said, putting my pinky finger in the air.

She looked down at my finger before looking into my eyes, "Only if you promise me one thing," she said. "It depends what it is," "Promise me you'll stop soon," she said putting her pinky in the air.

"I already told you I'd try," I said. "No, I want you to promise me you will, Promise me you will quit, I don't want you to try I want you to do it Luke. I'm not asking you to do it today, but promise me that in time you'll quit."

Our pinkies locked around one another, just like a childhood pinky promise but this was a much more deep pinky promise. One that I could break but I would try so hard to fulfill for her.

"Okay question one....."

**

Author's note:

Hello!

So officially, Brielle knows that Luke is dealing drugs. She isn't happy! Luke is an idiot right, he shouldn't have started dealing drugs with Valentino anyways.

Soooooo, I want to know your predictions for the next few chapters. I like seeing what you guys think because I already know what's gonna happen hehehe so I like seeing if you're all right or wrong.

Also just a heads up, I won't be updating tomorrow unfortunately. Regular updating will start back on Monday. (Well its Monday for me)

Not sure if I already clarified the update schedule but I update Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. (Not sure if it's the same for you or not)

So, what would a good ship name for Brielle and Luke be? Do you ship them?

Anyways thank you all so much for reading and I hope you come back for more!

Xoxox

-k.