Chapter 20 ~ Dean's Room

Pure Misery ~ Chapter 20 ~ Dean's Room

Recap: She gave me the idea to murder the person that gave me pain. It was Bree's encouraging words that helped me decide to kill Matt. She even said that she would help me kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bliss's P.O.V.

It had been a little over a week since mom & I had moved into Dylan & Vikki's house. I absolutely love living there! Mom said we wouldn't stay for long, but I knew that she didn't want to go back to our house. She was still afraid of Matt. Terrified actually. I don't blame her, I'm still a little uneasy about the thought of him. She still had me in her little over-protective bubble with me trapped with her. At the moment, I was okay with being trapped in the bubble, as long as Dylan was by my side also.

Hands were suddenly covering my eyes. I yelped, jumping from fear & surprise. "Shh, Bliss it's me!" Dylan whispered, pulling me in for an embrace. "I didn't mean to scare you. I was going to say, 'guess who?' I should have thought a little before acting," he said, a hint of annoyance towards himself in his voice.

"No, you were trying to be sweet. I know you weren't trying to scare me," I laughed. Smiling, I looked up at Dylan.

He smiled right back at me. "Then I was going to wish you a happy birthday," he hummed, twirling my hair. I squinted at him. "Um...it is April 24th, right? Your birthday..."

"Yes." I sighed. "But it's not a big deal! I never even told you! Who told you anyway, my mother?"

"Bliss, it's a very big deal. You are eighteen now! Complete freedom to do whatever you want...that's legal. Please don't go rob a bank or something," he laughed. His phone started ringing loudly. He opened his cell, still smiling at me.

"Hello? Rae?" Dylan's smile immediately faded. He turned serious. "Raeann, breathe. Shh, take a deep breath and stop sobbing, I can't understand you." My eyes widened in shock. Something was horribly wrong, it was all over Dylan's face. I studied Dylan's face & strained to hear Raeann. "Tell me what happened. Now," he demanded. Time seemed to slow down in the next few seconds. Dylan shut his eyes & sighed. "No," he whispered. His eyes reopened. "Yes, I'll help you. Just drive over here & we'll leave." He shut his cell, ending the call.

My heart started to crumble when Dylan said, 'leave.' It was selfish of me because something bad happened, that's why Dylan was leaving, to help Raeann. But I still felt sad that he was leaving me. "What happened," I asked, my voice coming out quieter than I wanted.

"Adam. Matt took him," Dylan said in a dead voice.

"What!? What do you mean, Matt took Adam?" I asked, this time my voice too loud.

"Matt kidnapped Adam. Raeann said she saw Matt drive off with Adam, unconscious. He left a note...We're going to go find them," he said.

"I'm going with you," I stated.

He turned to me. I've never seen Dylan look so threatening towards me. "No you are not. Do you have any idea just how dangerous that would be?" He winced. "You can't risk your life like that, Bliss!" he shouted. "I won't let you get hurt!"

"Who says I'll get hurt?" I demanded, determined I would win this argument. "I'm not defenseless, Dylan!"

"You are not going with me!"

"Yes I am!" I shouted. We were both face to face now, both yelling at each other. I was shaking. "You can't tell me what to do."

He shook his head, turning around. "It's too risky, Bliss. Forget about it. I'll be back with Adam safe soon enough."