Chapter 19 ~ Saved By The Witch

Pure Misery ~ Chapter 19 ~ Saved By The Witch

Recap: "We'll stop at our house first to get our things & then we can go to our new home," I smiled, looking down at my hand intertwined with Dylan's hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna's P.O.V.

Some say that Meadow Valley is full of the supernatural. Of course most people don't know what they're talking about. But I know what I'm talking about when I say that the supernatural does exist- especially in Meadow Valley.

You see, I've died before. I've been brought back from the dead. A paramedic didn't bring me back to life. Doctors didn't. I wasn't hospitalized. It was a witch that saved me.

"Anna, we should go back. You could get hurt!" Asher pleaded.

"No, I'm going to get your kite down!" I said, flipping my long red hair out of my face.

"We should get a grown up to get it," he said, looking up at me. I was up really high in a tree in the park. Asher's kite got caught at the top of the tree & I wanted to get it down. I was sure I could get it. I mean, I was six years old, after all. Very grown up & grown ups didn't get hurt. "I'm going to go get your mom, Anna. Don't move," he said & ran off.

Rolling my eyes, I climbed to the next branch. "Little girl, you're going to fall if you climb any higher," a gentle voice said. I looked down to see a lady with long, wavy black hair. She was wearing a black dress & had a blue streak of hair. Acting without thinking, I jumped to the branch above my head. With a small scream, I fell backwards. I remember tree branches scratching me. I remember pain & then the world was spinning. I couldn't breathe. I let go before I hit the ground.

Then I remember a women talking, softly. With each quiet word, I was coming back to Earth. I remember each word perfectly. The words trapped in my brain forever.

"In the dark you are

There's no light

Trapped you feel

Lost your sight

The Hunger is rising

Soon to become

Before you are one

Rise again

You will fall

Again

Just one more chance

You have left

Before you

Die

One more chance

Before you are one

One of

The Hunger."

Her name was Bree. That's what she said when I opened my eyes. All I knew was that I was alive. Bree had saved me...somehow. She disappeared from my sight when Asher & my mother got to me. I told them I had gotten down by myself. I told them I was brave. It was a lie.

I didn't see Bree again until one day, years later. After I dropped out of Meadow Lane High School because of Matt.

Bree said she knew what I was thinking about. Death. She was right, I was thinking about killing myself. She told me not to. She made another suggestion. That suggestion was all about death too. She gave me the idea to murder the person that gave me pain. It was Bree's encouraging words that helped me decide to kill Matt. She even said that she would help me kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's really short, but I HAD to end the chapter there. Finally, I have the rest of the book planned out, chapter by chapter. Oh & HAPPY HALLOWEEN! : )

.......Comment......Vote.......if you love it! ;)

~Mebby88