Chapter 14 ~ Is This Real?

Pure Misery ~ Chapter 14 ~ Is This Real?

Recap: "& I know that you, Raeann James, are a werewolf."

So that was it then. I knew at that point in time, I would die in a matter of seconds. Just like every werewolf I've ever killed myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dylan's P.O.V.

"Vikki, it's time to go!" I yelled. I was going to be late as it is, but I didn't want Vikki late too. "Come on, you missed the bus. We have to go to school!" Waiting another minute before I started to go up the stairs. Vikki's painted pink door was barely open. I could hear her talking to someone, probably her teddy bear.

"When are you going to talk to Dillie?" Vikki's high-pitched voice said. I felt bad for eavesdropping, but she was too cute when she was talking to that stuffed animal. "Because I think Dillie would really want to talk to you, Lucas!" It felt like there was a knot in my stomach. Did I hear her right? My gut told me to bolt down the stairs, but I ignored it. I just sort of froze, stuck on what to do next. Well, I couldn't keep listening to Vikki talking to our dead brother.

"It might not be the best time, Vik. But, I'll talk to him soon enough. Dylan wouldn't be as calm as you were," a deeper voice said. I'm losing it. Not even thinking about it, I pushed past the door with a crazed expression. Vikki was sitting on her bed, with her backpack on both shoulders. I looking around her room wildly, trying to find Lucas.

"Where's-" I started to say, but stopped. If I said, 'Where's Lucas?' Vikki would think I was out of my mind. "Who were you talking to?" I asked quietly, my voice coming out shaky. I was still searching the room.

"Dillie, are you okay?" Vikki sounded even more scared then I was.

"Yeah, um... we're late for school. Come on," I said. "Meet me in the Dodge," I added. She walked out of her room slowly. As soon as I heard the front door close, I stepped more into the room. "Lucas?" I meant to say it loud & clear, but it came out as a whisper. No one answered. "Lucas?" I repeated, louder this time. Sighing, I sat on Vikki's bed & waited for an answer.

Vikki's P.O.V.

"Why didn't he see you?" I asked Lucas once I was outside. The car was unlocked with Dillie's backpack already there.

"Because our brother probably would have fainted of something if he saw me. Like I said, I'm not sure he could handle seeing me just yet," Lucas smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back at him. I didn't see why Dillie couldn't handle seeing Lucas again. He should be the happiest person in the world. If he saw Lucas, wouldn't Dillie understand that Lucas was never gone.

When we went to Lucas's funeral, everyone was crying over someone who must have looked like Lucas. But he's here with me right now, so Lucas was never buried. I felt bad for whoever was mistaken for my brother that we had a funeral for.

Dillie's phone rang from his backpack. I didn't know the song, but I liked it. "Hello?" I said once I answered the phone.

"Vikki?" a girl's voice said.

"Hi, who is this?" I asked.

"It's Bliss. Do you remember me? Where's Dylan?"

"Oh, yeah I remember. Dillie is in the house." I smoothed out my dark blonde bangs.

"Can I talk to him? Wait, where are you then? Vikki?" I didn't answer her because Dillie was opening the car door right now!

"Yeah, okay goodbye Bliss," I handed Dillie the phone. Dillie looked at his cell phone & then to me. I smiled at him.