Chapter 5 ~ Saving Bliss...Again

Pure Misery ~ Chapter 5 ~ Saving Bliss...Again

Recap: I screamed. There was a bag over my head & I couldn't see. I couldn't escape. I was being freaking kidnapped again. You've got to be kidding me, right? I screamed again & something slapped into my head. Then just like the last time, I slipped into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dylan's P.O.V.

"NAME: EMMA LILLIAN," The TV said. I dropped the glass of water in my hand, shattering to the ground. I had been listening somewhat to the news. Then I froze when they said Emma Lillian & missing in the same sentence. The broken glass already forgotten, I ran out of my house as fast as I could. Before running to Bliss's house, I paused. Did she know? I had to find out. Vikki was spending the night with one of her friends, so I could leave the house. Without another thought, I was gone.

As I was running, I pulled out my cell phone & hit speed dial 2. Waited & waited for her to pick up the phone. I should have thought & called before I started rushing over. Her mom could be home & it's past 11:20 at night. No one answered Bliss's phone. In fact, it didn't even ring. "This number is disconnected," A machine said. I yelled out in anger, running faster. I hadn't noticed it started to rain. So, when I tripped just like Bliss would do in a situation like this, I was surprised. Groaning, I stood up. Seeing the fresh blood on my arm & tasting it on my bottom lip, I was even more frustrated than before.

"Bliss?" I called out once I got to her door. The door was open, so I stepped inside. "Bliss?" I whispered. A ton of water from the rain had gotten in the house. I almost tripped again since the wooden floor was wet. Mud footprints trailed through the living room, behind the couch. I walked over & looked around the couch. The pillows were scattered everywhere, not even on the couch. A glass of soda had spilled. The news was still playing on TV. So Bliss does know about Emma. But where was she? Across the room, her cell phone was broken in half against the wall. So that's more evidence Bliss knew about Emma. I would have guessed the house was a mess & Bliss was gone because she had gotten so upset she trashed the place & left. I would of thought that if the footprints of mud weren't leading to behind the couch. Why would Bliss walk over there? Looking at the tracks again, I noticed the footprints were bigger than Bliss's feet.

I walked into the kitchen to see a note of the counter. 'Bliss, I'm working late tonight. I should be back at about 3am. Be safe. ~Mom,' I read.

Walking down the hall to Bliss's room, I found the light off. Maybe she was sleeping? I could only hope. "Bliss!" I said. Louder than before. I turned on the light. Bliss wasn't in her room either. Shutting my eyes, I sniffed the air. Someone other than Bliss & her mom has been in their house recently. I had a strong feeling that Bliss was in trouble again. The scent was the strongest in the living room. Near the couch where the footprints were. I froze. "Matt." His warning. It made since now....sort of. If anyone would want to kidnap Bliss, it would obviously be Matt. On the phone, he said he had a surprise for me & Bliss. But he also said that he had help... what did that mean? I'll just figure out that later but now, I have to go save Bliss...again. If you could even say that I was saving her. Lucas was the real hero. I just hoped this time no one would die. Unless Matt of course.

Matt's P.O.V.

"Haven't I seen you before, Matt?" Bree asked in her luring voice. We were almost at the hotel. I had asked Bree if she wanted a drink or something & she said yes. Dani would be royally annoyed that I was bringing a random stranger to our 'hideout.' Dean probably wouldn't care & just compel her to forget she saw us. Why was I bringing Bree back to the hotel? I really have no clue. It just seemed like a good idea at the time. At the time it seemed like her eyes were compelling me to invite her.

"I don't see where you would have seen me," I said.

She grinned slowly. "I could take a guess." I raised my eyebrows, waiting for her to guess. Her eyes looked as if they held secrets only she could know. "You know, Matt Daze, you're practically famous."

That made me laugh. "Really? How so?" Bree walked closer until she was right in front of me.

Tilting her head slightly, she whispered, "You're a criminal." She raised one eyebrow. "You escaped from prison." The smile never left her lips. My eyes were wide with my mouth open.

Dylan's P.O.V.

I stopped to smell out the scent again. It was still pouring down rain, so it was harder to keep the scent of the kidnaper. I wasn't completely sure it was Matt, so I couldn't loose the scent I found in Bliss's house. I sniffed again furiously. I couldn't smell it. The kidnapper's scent was gone from me. Any trace of Bliss was gone. Shutting my eyes, I silently throw a fit.

"Blood?" An agonized voice cried. My eyes shot open. I knew that voice. Licking my lips to find out they're still bleeding from when I fell. My arm still hurt, so it was probably still bleeding. If you have injuries & you hear someone say blood, it might be a weird situation. But in the town of Meadow Valley, where vampires, werewolves, & any creature you could imagine seem to be in this town, it isn't a good thing. Turning my head, I saw her. She was standing with a crazed expression & breathing heavily.

"Raeann? What...happened to you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter is so short! But, tell me what you think will happen. What do you think happened to Raeann? Sorry again I didn't add Bliss in this chapter. Oh & I have to say, YAY!! I'm now officially 14 years old! ;) My birthday was on the 3rd, so that's why I didn't post sooner. I'm having so much fun writing this story! I absolutely LOVE reading all of the comments!! Thanks you guys!! I'll try to upload as soon as I can! Bad news though, I have surgery on the 7th : ( But, I should be able to post chapter 6 before then : )

........Comment.......Vote.........if you love it! ;)

~Mebby88