Chapter 11 ~ Three Blissful Words

Pure Misery ~ Chapter 11 ~ Three Blissful Words

Recap: It was Friday night & I was happy Dylan was up to going out tonight. "Thanks Dylan. I'm really sorry for freaking out. Lo...bye," I hung up. I mentally slapped myself across the face. I couldn't believe it! I ended the phone call with, Lo...bye. I am so lame.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Anna's P.O.V.

I live life remembering. My world is the past. As I watch him, the memories torment me.

'It was a lie.' Those words haunt me. I felt so stupid. Asher even told me this would happen! I threw the necklace Matt gave me across my room & shrieked. The shriek echoed throughout my house. Tears pooled over. I sank to my knees & shut my eyes.

"Annie?" Asher's voice filled the room. He gasped. "Anna..." it was a faint whisper. "You're a mess." He walked over to me & sat on the ground next to me. "This is..." he let out a short breath, shaking his head. "Pathetic," he paused. "Anna, it's not that bad. It's not the end of the world. You broke up... you're not dieing."

"Bliss Collins," I said the name in disgust, gritting my teeth. "She thinks she's better than everyone! She always gets her way!" I had never been so furious. Gritting my teeth, I wiped away tears. I'm sure I had a crazed look, but I didn't have a care in the world. "He....cheated on me. With Bliss Collins. He embarrassed me in front of the entire school!"

"Again, it's not so bad. Just forget about it. Matt Daze is the biggest jerk at Meadow Lane. Maybe the biggest jerk in Meadow Valley," he tried to convince me.

"Quit saying it's not that bad, Asher! I want Matt Daze to be hurt the way I am right now!" I shouted, quivering with anger.

"Calm down! It's not worth it, he's not worth it. Forget about it, Annie," he said.

"Asher, get out of my house, right now!"

"What?" You could clearly hear his disbelief. I looked up, he was gaping at me.

"You heard me." Asher got up slowly & walked out the door.

...

'It was a lie.' I held the scissors in my left hand. Most of my long hair in my right hand. I cut a lock of my hair. It fell to the bathroom floor. The red in my hair almost looking like blood from the color. I kept chopping off my hair, until it was no longer down to my waist. It was down to my chin. Staring at the red mess of hair on the floor, I smirked. The reason I was cutting my hair was to make a change. I was trying to forget about Matt. Forget about today... I still couldn't believe he did that in front of our entire class.

It was a total rush cutting most of my hair off. I wanted more of a change though. I stared at my hair & suddenly got an idea. Grabbing my sister's black hair-dye, I grinned. This would just have to be a big enough change...for now at least.

Bliss's P.O.V.

"What are you doing?" The mascara brush jabbed my eye as I jumped at the sudden noise. "Bliss, be careful!" Mom said, walking over to me. I had been touching up my makeup before Dylan picked me up tonight. As far as I knew, mom had already left for work. I let out a long breath. At least I was smart enough to leave my bathrobe on, over my short frilly dress.

"Thanks mom! Because I would have poked my eye out on purpose if you hadn't said, be careful," I said sarcastically, putting away the makeup.

She ignored my comment & said, "It's past 12am & your putting on makeup? What, are you planning on going out tonight? You're still grounded, you know."