Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

Why do you like me?

You know more about me than anyone else here and you like me more than anyone else does.

Why are you perfect?

Too perfect. Something I’ll never achieve because I’m too emotionally screwed up.

Why can’t I just admit how much I like you too?

I can barely admit it to myself.

Why did you kiss me?

In so many ways I was thankful it was only on the cheek, I don’t think I could’ve handled a full on liplock.

“We should hurry,” I said as I started walking again.

“It’s eight forty, I’m gonna be in so much trouble,” I said running down the street.

“No you’re not! It’s only ten minutes late!” Niall said running behind me as he snapped more pictures.

“And we don’t even know where we are!” I shouted picking up more speed.

“We’re in New Zealand!” He laughed.

“VERY FUNNY!” I hollered back as a man came out of a shop door and ran straight into me, knocking me to the ground.

“Whoa!” Niall said as he stopped running.

“You two! You trashed my store earlier!!” The old man said pointing to Niall, who was, of course, taking pictures.

I quickly stood up, grabbing my bag as the man started hollering in another language, Niall merrily took pictures of him.

“Niall! Come on!” I shouted grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the man as he snapped more pictures.

“Hey! Those were good pictures!” He said running along beside me.

“There’s the hotel!” I said ignoring him.

“Sweet hallelujah!” He said sarcastically.

“We can’t go in together,” I said stopping at the steps at the front entrance.

“Why?” He asked.

“One; I’m past curfew. Two; We’re not supposed to be alone with each other. Three; Someone’s probably waiting inside for me,” I said.

“I doubt there is, but if you want to be sure, I’ll wait till you get upstairs,” he said.

“Good, I’ll text you when I get up to my room,” I said.

“Okay,” he said walking over to the door greeter.

I pushed open the door as I heard Niall say something about a nice beard, the camera flashing. No one was in the lobby, but I was still cautious as I made my way to the elevators.

The doors opened and Nicole’s eyes bugged out.

“I tried calling you! Where have you been?” She asked as I stepped in.

“My phone’s in my bag and I couldn’t find it,” I said now digging in my bag.

“Oh. Well I just wanted to talk to you. Where’d you say you’ve been?” She asked leaning against the wall.

“I’ve been with Niall,” I said looking at the floor.

Now that I actually said that, it sounded like we’d been out on a date.

“Oh? Where’d you go?” She asked cheekily.

“Don’t start. We just went to a couple stores is all,” I said.