Chapter Eight

“I like that one, but…. I dunno… That ones funny…” I snatched my camera from Niall as he laughed. “They’re all funny, it doesn’t matter anyways, Marie is the one that decides if they’re good or not,” I said stuffing my camera back in my bag. Throughout the 2 hour rehearsal, I had gotten 14 pictures of Niall. It wasn’t many, especially compared to the other girls 30 or so pictures of the other boys. “Why are the other girls avoiding you?” He asked as we followed behind all the others up the front steps of the hotel. I just shrugged without looking at him. Nicole walked over to us in the lobby.  “Hey, we’re gonna go out about 8 or so. I know you’ll have to sneak away from Sarah and Em, so one of us will meet you out here, then we’re all gonna meet up with the others at the tattoo parlor,” she said. I nodded. “Come on, Michaela!” Hallie said motioning for me to get in the elevator with her and the girls. I stepped inside as I saw Nicole say something to Niall and he looked back at me, a confused look on his face, before Nicole smacked him on the arm and the doors closed in between us.

Had Nicole told all of them about what Anna had said? That I didn’t know. But I did know that the feel of Niall’s lips on mine had completely washed all of those thoughts from my mind. I began to wonder what Niall had eaten that made his lips taste sweet, then I was overwhelmed with anger and I shoved him off me. His beautiful eyes stared back at me in confusion and… amusement? “I LOVE THIS SONG! TURN IT UP!!” I sat up so quickly I almost fell off my bed. Sarah was singing loudly and off key to the radio as Em turned it up louder. I quickly got up off the bed, the taste of Niall’s lips still lingering in my mind, and, strangely, my mouth. I shook it from my mind as Sarah looked at me from her bed where she was painting her toenails. “What time is it?” I asked her. “Why? You taking medicine?” She asked giggling. I gave her a sharp look as Em cleared her throat. “It’s eight twenty,” she said. Oh God, Nicole probably thought I had blown her off. I grabbed my phone and ran out the door, Sarah and Em both watching me. “Hey, where you going?” Hallie asked when I met her at the elevator. “Next door, gonna get something to eat,” I said. I didn’t even know if there was a restaurant next door, but the lie came quickly and I used it. “Okay…” she said as I pressed the floor button and the doors closed. I sighed, leaning against the wall of the elevator. The doors finally opened the I jumped out and made for the door. I was positive that whoever had came to meet me had left, but when I got outside I saw that they were about to. Nicole and Harry were about to walk across the street when she turned and saw me. “Hey! Where have you been?” She asked walking over to meet me at the bottom of the steps. 

“I’m sorry, I fell asleep.” I said. I felt my cheeks burn as I remembered the dream I was having before Sarah woke me. “Alright, well let’s go,” Nicole said. “So, where are you from?” Harry asked, twining his fingers with Nicole’s as we crossed the street. “Alabama.” I said. “You’re pretty far from home aren’t you?” He asked. “Aren’t you?” I asked and he grinned. “Touche,” he said and Nicole rolled her eyes. “So are you all from different states?” she asked. “Yeah.. But I’m not sure where all they’re from,” I said. “This is the shop, me and Haz are gonna take off for a bit, but we’re all gonna meet back up somewhere else. Everyone is inside.” Nicole said turning to me once we were outside of a tattoo parlor. “Okay…” I said as Harry opened the door for me. They left without coming inside. I stepped around the corner into the small waiting area as I heard his laugh. Louis and Eleanor were sitting side by side on the leather couch and Niall, who was laughing like a wild hyena, was sitting across from them in one of the few chairs. “Hey!” Eleanor said when she saw me. Niall quickly turned to look at me. “Hi..” I said. “We were wondering if Harry and Nicole had gotten you lost!” Louis said as Niall looked away from me. I was starting to remember the dream again and my cheeks burned. “Uh.. No. I accidentally fell asleep,” I said, sitting down a chair away from Niall. “Happens to the best of us,” Liam said coming around the corner, Danielle’s arm linked in his.

“What did you get?” Eleanor asked him. “Macho tattoo!” Liam said pulling up his shirt sleeve to reveal nothing. “He chickened out, and then settled for watching Zayn,” Danielle said smirking as she sat down beside Eleanor. “I just didn’t want one!” He said sticking his tongue out as Zayn came from the back. “Let me see!” Louis said. Zayn pulled his shirt over his head and turned his back to us to show the symbol on his left shoulder blade. “It means ‘Integrity’,” he said. “I like it!” Eleanor said as Zayn pulled his back down. “Thank you,” he said. 

“You guys get a day off today! Sadly we weren’t able to get access to the KCA’s so you won’t have to take any pictures today.” Hallie was telling us all this at breakfast the next morning. I was only half listening. I was still thinking about the dream I had about Niall the day before. A few minutes later, Niall stood up from their table, mumbling something to Liam, who nodded. Before turning to leave, Niall glanced my way. I quickly turned my attention back to my food as he left the ballroom. My plate was still full, I had only taken a bite of one of the pieces of bacon. I ate about half of my breakfast before I noticed Hallie looking at me from across the room. She raised her eyebrows. I knew she was wondering if I had taken my medication. I gave a slight shake of my head and she cocked her head to the side, telling me to go do it. I grabbed my plate and dumped the remains of my breakfast in the garbage then started to my room. While in the elevator, my phone started ringing. “Hello?” I said.

“Hey! So, how is your day so far?” My Mom asked. “Fantastic,” I said, my tone dead. “Oh, Hon—” She started, “What do you want?” I asked as the doors open and I stepped into the hallway. “Well… I hate to bring it up, but I didn’t want to leave you out…” she hesitated. “Out of what?” I asked cautiously. “Me and Adam are going to your father’s grave… We’re picking out some flowers… Would you like us to put some in your favor?” She asked. Just something else to remind me what a great time I’m having here. “You know…. If you wouldn’t have forced me to come on this trip, I could’ve put flowers on his grave myself.” She didn’t even have time to respond before I hanged up. I was sure I had hurt her feelings, but I didn’t care, she deserved it. I was actually more worried about Niall had just heard. He was standing down the hall, outside his room, his eyes locked on me.