Chapter Twenty Two

Liam did have a drink, though it was only a Pepsi, Niall, Louis, and the other guy, that I didn’t recognize, all had beers. 

“You look great!” Niall said when I got to the booth.

“Thanks,” I said giving him a slight smile.

“Nicole’s dress?” Liam asked, grinning. I nodded, grinning myself.

“Michaela, this is my cousin, Cian. Cian, this is our friend, Michaela,” Niall said gesturing for me to sit down in the booth beside him. I gave Cian a friendly smile and he nodded, taking a swig of his beer. 

“Nicole and Harry go to dance?” Louis asked. I nodded.

“Where are Zayn and Emma?” Liam asked.

“I really I have no idea. They disappeared as soon as we got inside,” I said and Louis laughed.

“Of course,” he said grinning.

“So, Michaela, you’re from America?” Cian asked me, his Irish accent wasn’t near as thick as Niall’s.

“Yeah,” I said nodding.

“Well I hope you know what you’re getting into hanging around these lads,” he said grinning as he put his arm around a beaming Louis. 

“I think she’s gotten a pretty good idea,” he said cheekily.

A girl suddenly walked over to our booth, she was clearly older than us all, though Cian was a bit older than us also. She was dressed a bit more extreme than any of the girls here, with fishnet stockings and a short black dress with a corset.

“Cian, wanna dance?” She asked, clearly she had already had a few drinks.

“Sure. If you’ll excuse me,” he said looking at all of us. Louis slid out of the booth to let him out, then he and the girl disappeared to the dance floor. 

“I’m going to get another drink,” Louis said walking off.

About fifteen minutes later, Nicole plopped down in the booth next to Liam, her cheeks red from dancing.

“Where’s Harry?” Niall asked.

“He’s getting some drinks,” she said.

She glanced at me and I wondered if she’d told Harry anything about the conversation with her Dad. When Harry finally came with the drinks, I guessed she hadn’t.

Harry slid the drinks across the table to everyone. I just stared at the one he placed in front of me. Liam set his empty Pepsi bottle to the side and grabbed the fresh one Harry had gotten. 

“Oh.. I forgot! You don’t drink..” Harry said to me.

“It’s fine, I’m not really thirsty,” I said shrugging as I slid the drink to Niall, who gladly took it.

Harry and Nicole were back and forth from the dance floor, the booth, and the bar, and Louis was either dancing with himself or with someone who claimed to be a big fan, he was drunk of his knocker after an hour. Emma and Zayn appeared on the dance floor after a while, both red faced and somewhat drunk, Liam had danced a few times, but he mostly stayed in the booth, along with me and Niall, who was close to drunk, though he was talking too much to be guzzling down beers one after another. He got up once to go to the bathroom and Liam turned to me.

“Usually, he’s drunk within the hour when we’re out..” he said.

I wasn’t sure why he had told me that, or what it even meant, but I didn’t question him. Two hours and Nicole and Harry had taken their turn to disppear, Emma and Zayn were still drunk and dancing, Louis had finally came back to sit at the booth, though he was way to drunk and no one understood what he kept talking about so he left again. Cian had returned to the booth once, but then another girl showed up and asked him to dance, so he had been gone pretty much the whole time. I had mainly been working on a bottle of water, talking with Niall and Liam, and listening to the tunes the DJ had on. Most of the songs had been fast so the whole club was bouncing, but he finally slowed it down.