Chapter 82- Let's meet again in three days!

Start from the beginning

The Strawhats looked at him in surprise at that. Juli's eyes widened at that, as she felt like there was a specific special meaning in those words. 'D-Did Roger-san maybe mean...' She felt how chills started to cover her arms as she could make out two- no three special meanings in those last words Roger said to Rayleigh. Juli looked at Rayleigh at that in utter surprise and she saw how the old man smirked after seeing her look, apparently already knowing it himself. She shook her head stunned at that and smiled softly. 'Roger-san truly was someone really special. It's a pity I couldn't met someone as wise as him.'

Rayleigh continued telling his story. "The Government and navy must have been shocked. With only one last remark from Roger, the public execution meant to serve as an example to other pirates instead became the opening ceremony of the Great Pirate Age! In his last few seconds, he changed the dim flame of his life into a hellfire that spread across the world! ...I have never laughed as much as I did on that night. Nor have I ever cried as much...or drank as much alcohol as I did on that night. Our captain lived one hell of a life!" He smiled softly at that.

Juli's eyes softened at that and she couldn't help but crash the old man into a hug. "Roger-san sure did. He was really far ahead of his generation. A truly admirable man that lived his life to the fullest."

Rayleigh smiled down to her and chuckled softly as he petted her head and let Juli cling to him. Geez, the charms this girl had at her age as well as her wisdom was truly something incredible.

And as if Juli was so able to break through the stunned silence around the Strawhats, everyone started to talk about what they just had heard. Luffy meanwhile just was in awe to what he had gotten to know, so much that he had even stopped stuffing himself with food.

"...It's just like we heard something incredible right now..." Nami got out in awe.

Usopp nodded in agreement. "But then it's almost as if Roger created this Great Pirate Age on purpose!"

"That...we still can't say." Rayleigh answered him seriously, but was still smiling widely.

Juli let go of Rayleigh at that and looked at the old man with a puzzled expression. She knew there was a lot of things, he didn't tell them, but she also felt like he was throwing hidden hints at them here and there. Just that she can't figure out where and what these hints were because the old man gives them to them wrapped up in mysterious phrases and riddles.

"Roger is dead. Only the people living now can create this era." Rayleigh told them before taking a sip from his alcohol bottle, only smirking more as he saw Juli's puzzled expression. 'She really is far too wise and smart for her age.' He then shot a look at Luffy. "I'm certain there are people who inherited something from Roger on that day in the town square." Rayleigh then looked back to Juli with a fond smile. "Your father Shanks is probably one of them."

Juli's eyes widened at that and she looked at him in surprise. "You really think so?!" She asked him in excitement before looking at her tea cup thoughtfully. "It definitely could be possible..." She then smiled warmly. "I really want to see Dad again... It's been so long."

"You definitely will, Juli-nee!" Luffy declared loudly at that before he looked intrigued at Rayleigh. "But what'cha mean with Shanks inheriting something, old man?"

Rayleigh smiled at that. "Have you also heard of the East Blue Pirate known as Buggy?"

Nami and Zoro frowned at that. "Buggy...." They grumbled as they recalled their encounter with him.