it's all fun and games until... -peter parker (part 2)

Começar do início

"Sore loser."

"You're such a good friend," you emphasized the word such as you took a sip of your caramel frappucino.

Around an hour later, you headed back. Peter would not stop gloating about his epic Mario Kart win the entire ride back to the HQs.

"Oh please, stop bragging," you told him for what seemed like the millionth time.

"You're just jealous." You opened the car door and headed inside, greeting Wanda and Vision who were sitting on the couch, watching Mean Girls and eating Kit Kats.

"Hey kiddo, how was your date?" Tony came over to you and patted your head.

"It was not a date, Dad," you rolled your eyes.

"Who went on a date?" Vision overheard the conversation.

"Oh, my daughter and Peter," Tony replied.

"Dad!"

"Awwww, she's in denial," Steve cooed. "Buck, she's in denial!"

"Awwww, how cute," Bucky agreed, raising his eyebrows up and down at you guys. "You guys are just too cute together."

"The Starbucks lady said the same thing," you grumbled.

"What?"

"I'm going upstairs," you announced, grabbing your bags and stomping up the stairs, slamming your bedroom door for effect. Downstairs, you overheard Peter excitedly recalling every moment of your little shopping trip, mentioning the matching sweatshirts and apparently, he was showing them the picture, too because several excited squeals from Bucky confirmed that fact.

You let out an annoyed groan and flopped back onto your bed, staring up at the ivory ceiling. You didn't know how much time had passed, but a few minutes or so had gone by before you heard a knock on the door.

"If it's Peter, go away," you mumbled into your pillow. "I don't want to hear about how you took the dub."

"It's Nat and Wanda," a voice answered, so you let them in. Wanda and Natasha sat down on either side of your bed, looking at you in concern. "You alright?" Natasha placed a gentle hand on your shoulder.

"No. The team keeps being annoying as hell about Peter and I going to the mall..." You explained the entire situation to them.

Then you got to the last part about the others teasing you. "It was not a date, but they keep saying it was a date---"

"Honey, it was," Wanda interrupted. "You were walking around together, alone, and he buys you everything, insists on buying everything, and boy, the way he looks at you, and the way you look at him..."

"How does he look at me?"

"It's hard to explain...but he just, he has this dreamy sort of look on his face..."

"I don't like him that way, and neither does he. I have zero feelings for him."

"Okay then...look. We're having a bonding night tonight because Tony says so, so you're going to have to come down soon enough. You can't stay cooped up here sulking about Spidey, who you're obviously in love with."

"I'm not in love with him! There's nothing going on between us!"

"Sure, keep telling yourself that and see where that gets you."

Meanwhile, downstairs, the guys were attempting to give an embarrassed Peter love advice. Tony seemed especially eager to do so.

"Winning over the heart of a Stark is not easy, I'm telling you ahead of time. I forgot to stop by the grocery store to get her and Pepper their chocolate covered gummy bears, and they wouldn't talk to me for an entire week. Bruce had to be the messenger."