-Chapter Nine-

Thought the song might be fitting? It's a good song either way ;)

*****

After running down the street after the truck, which turned right into another street, the Horsemen slowed down, walking on the dark street. Khris let out a huffy breath, running a hand through her hair.

"What if we lose them? What if they hurt Dylan before we're able to get there? Of course they would hurt him, but how far would they go?" Khris rambled, staring at the ground as they walked. Lula and her shoes clicking against the street.

"Khris, hey," Danny stopped her, grabbing her by the shoulders. The others kept walking, they weren't going too fast though. "Dylan's going to be fine, okay? We'll find him and we'll get out of here. I promise you, okay? I promise."

She stared up into his eyes, her blue eyes becoming watery. Khris nodded subtly, hugging him by the waist. She let out a heavy sigh, glancing up at Daniel from her spot resting on his chest. "I'm sorry- I'm just anxious."

"It's alright. Let's go," he kissed the top of her head, releasing his grip on her. The two followed after the rest of the Horsemen, jogging lightly.

The five turned onto the street they saw the truck going down, walking along it for another few minutes before Lula spoke up, "They have Lionel Shrike's safe, guys. Think! Where could they be going?" She made the answer obvious, Jack responding.

"Water."

"Yes, Jack. Water. Very specific," Lula smiled at him in a joking manner.

Jack shrugged, a faint smile on his face. Danny spoke up, "Well, we saw them go down this street. There has to be some sort of harbor or source of water this way."

Khris nodded along, hand clutching Danny's, the two walking close to each other. Merritt added, "Let's just keep walking this way then."

****

"Did you guys hear that?" Khris spoke up, looking at the other Horsemen, worry painted on her face. There was a loud splash nearby, it sounded like a cannon being fired off. "C'mon!"

Khris let go of Danny's hand, running off. She heard the footsteps of the others following her closely. They ran under what appeared to be a large arch of some sorts, running until they were approached by water and a flight of stairs. Khris stumbled messily down the stairs, her shoes not helping in the slightest.

She stopped suddenly, a mess of stairs in front of her. She shook her head, going down in a hurry, almost falling, luckily Danny was there, grabbing her arm. The other Horsemen got down the stairs, Lula still trying, Jack helping her. Danny shook his head at Khris, right when they got onto solid ground, before he pushed her into Merritt, who caught her before she fell.

Khris furrowed her eyebrows at Danny about to yell, when he sprinted forward and jumped in the water with a splash. "Danny!"

Merritt held onto her as Danny dived deeper into the murky water. He let Khris go after a few seconds, she ran to the water, searching is helplessly. "C'mon, c'mon..."

Jack and Lula made it down, standing next to Khris and Merritt by the water. They all stared into the water, hoping, praying Danny would retrieve Dylan, and they would all be okay. They backed up from the water as they saw bubbles appearing on the surface.

Soon enough, Danny's head popped out of the water, Dylan in his grasp. Jack and Merritt helped him get out of the water, grabbing Dylan in the process. Dylan flopped onto the ground, soaking wet, Danny hovering over him as he got out of the water as well.