-Chapter Eight-

I'm apologize for not posting in a long time! Here's chapter eight as well as nine! Please enjoy! :))

*****

"Yeah, just drop us off here."

"Okay."

"You sure about this?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah or yes?"

"Yes."

"Good," Khris sighed, using Danny's help to step out of the car. "See you guys in a little bit."

The other three nodded, Lula smiling at Khris, "Good luck."

"Thanks," Khris raised her eyebrows, putting her jacket back on.

"Let's go, Khris," Danny gestured his head towards the market, reaching his hand out for her. She smiled back at the others before clasping her hand in Danny's, the two disappearing into the crowded marketplace.

"We're looking for a guy in a blue cap," Danny explained as they walked hand-in-hand.

Khris nodded, brushing a stray piece of hair out of her face. The air was humid, the lights were dimly lit, and the place was crowded. The smell of cooked food and sweat filled the air. "Sorry," Khris mumbled, accidentally bumping into someone.

Khris' heels clicked loudly against the floor, the conversations of other people almost all the two could hear. She was almost as tall as Danny with her heels, making Khris a little more confident about walking in a market full of strangers.

"We'll wait here, alright?" Danny stopped in a semi-less clear part of the bustling market. He held onto Khris' hand as to not lose her on accident.

"Alright," she stopped next to him, glancing around the market.

They waited for a few minutes before the two heard a familiar voice, "Atlas... Khris, hey."

Khris looked to her right, Danny glancing around her, "Dylan?"

"I blew it, I'm sorry-"

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to help now," Dylan explained, stopping in front of the two.

"Okay," Danny shook his head a little, looking around behind Dylan. "We definitely don't need your help."

"I know I messed up, alright?" Dylan sighed.

"Yeah, you put everyone's lives in danger."

"Where is everybody else?"

"Where is everybody?- I can't be seen with you, actually, right now" Danny scoffed.

Khris nudged his arm, releasing her hand from his grasp. "They're safe, don't worry, Dylan," Khris sighed, meeting his eyes.

Dylan nodded at Khris before talking again, "I got it now, okay? I appreciate you taking the time to control for a little while."

"We're actually meeting-" Danny stopped himself. "Yeah?"

"Yeah, but I got it now, alright?" Dylan argued back.

"You do?"

"Yeah."

"You look like you can get some rest, buddy," Danny looked him up and down.

"Who are you meeting here?" Dylan asked, looking at Danny, then at Khris.

"We're not meeting anybody," Danny stated back, grabbing Khris' hand, dragging her along with him as they walked away from Dylan. Of course, he followed.