-Chapter Six-

Sorry for the chapters being published a little late. I'll be on spring break next week, so hopefully chapters will go out a little faster... hopefully.

Just FYI, two character have a little fight... Enjoy :)

*****

Khris moved around the store, curiously looking at each prop. She picked up a normal-looking deck of cards, glancing over at Danny. His back was turned toward her, the phone pressed against his ear. She sighed, looking back down at the package.

She flipped it over, staring at the back of the pack before looking back up over at Lula and Jack who were throwing cards at each other, playing some game, which Jack was winning at. She noticed all the fallen cards on the ground, she smiled a little, walking over to another shelf to Li. "Hey, could I get these?"

Li nodded, walking over to the counter with her. She pulled out a 10, handing him the money. She smiled in thanks, stuffing the pack of cards in the inside pocket of her jacket. She looked at Danny as he walked over to Jack, informing him about the chip.

As Danny was walking over and Jack was leaving, she pulled him aside. "Danny?"

"What?" he looked down at her, stopping in his place.

She sighed, "Look. I don't want to get into it right now, but we need to talk later, okay?"

Danny looked slightly taken aback, a few thousand thoughts racing through his mind about what it could be about. He had a few guesses. "Okay. Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't want to talk about it right now, Daniel," Khris clarified before walking out of the shop. She stood by the door with Lula, giving her a weak smile. They waited in silence for Danny to come back out and Jack to meet up with them with Merritt.

****

When the five arrived back at the casino, Khris briefly explained that she needed to talk to Atlas, before dragging him away into a seperate room. She let out a small sigh, glancing out the small window overlooking the street.

Danny leaned against the wall, semi-prepared for the lecture he was going to recieve. Khris turned back around, looking at him with glossy eyes, but a stern face. "I don't want to be mad at you, Dan, but I really need to feel like you trust me enough."

"I do trust you, Khris. Really, more than anyone out there," Danny motioned back through the door they just walked through. "I know I made some stupid choices and I should've told you, but-"

"No, no but's, Daniel," she sighed. "You lied to me, you kept the fact that you were contacting The Eye out of my reach. I could've helped you or- or done something! What did you want me to think when you left suddenly and then didn't come home until late!"

Danny looked at her incredulously, piecing together what she meant. "You think I would cheat on you? You really think I would abandon our bond?"

Khris hesitated, not willing to make eye contact, "I didn't think you would see other people while we're together, no. But what else should I have thought of? I came up with the worst answers, Daniel. Sometimes when you couldn't come home until almost eleven-o-clock, I thought you died, or someone found you, the FBI, whomever. You didn't leave me with a lot of options and that scared me!"

"Yeah, okay, but you aren't dumb! You could've followed me or done something to find out, Khris. I never meant to hurt you and I didn't mean for you to worry, but I was getting fed up with waiting! Henley left because the supposed Eye wasn't doing anything. We were sitting ducks, waiting for nothing to happen!" Danny flailed his arms a little, pacing a little in front of Khris.