-Chapter Four-

*****

    The Horsemen were fully turned around now, watching the man with strange faces. Khris glanced over at Danny with a questioning face before looking forward once again with a confused look.

    "So," the guy took a small remote from his pocket, turning off the loud music. "I'm going to be working with you," he started walking forward to the elevator. "Please come in, come in!"

    The Horsemen didn't get a chance to move as the guards grabbed them forcefully, pushing them out of the elevator. Khris glanced back as the guards walked out of the elevator, the doors soon closing. She turned back forward as Danny asked, "Wait, how will you be working with us?"

    "Well, as much as how a magician pulls a rabbit from a hat," the man explained, putting shoes on one of the white couches in the middle of the spacious room. "He's working with that rabbit. We'll be working together, yes." He fully stands up now, walking across a clear, mini pond on the floor, to get to the five.

    Khris' followed the man's movements with a small suspicion as he approached them. "Allow me to introduce myself," he said before getting interrupted by Jack.

    "Yeah, you're Walter Mabry. You died a year ago," Jack fired, his arms crossed. Khris shifted onto her other leg, narrowing her eyes a little at Mabry. 

    "An idea I got from you, Mr. Wilder," Walter stated. "You fake your death and the world puts its guard down." Danny looked around a little, Merritt's eyes trained on the ground. "I'm able to control quite a few companies, including my old partner's, Owen's as a consortium of so could, anonymous shareholders," he said with a smirk.

    "And that violates how many SCC laws?" Lula asked, eyebrow raised.

    "I believe all of them," Walter nodded.

    "Oh," Lula nodded along.

    "You see. You all what an audience," Walter began, looking at Danny and Khris. "Need one, desperately. It's quite sad really." He looked to Jack and Lula. "Hence my ability to knab you. I, on the other hand, want the opposite of that. I just want to be, and I am, 100% off the grid. You know why?"

    "Yeah because the grid is for actual human beings," Khris stated back, an annoyed expression playing on her face.

    Walter breathed out a small laugh, looking directly at the girl, "No because in a world of total surveillance, the only true freedom lies in not being seen. You can't control the grid from within the grid. Follow me," he started walking along the side of the dome-shaped room, gesturing for them to follow.

    Khris shook her head a little, watching him as he walked. "Follow me," he said again, way more sternly. The guards standing at the elevator doors moved forward, pushing the five after Walter, "Okay, okay."

    The Horsemen followed after him, the guards pressing guns against some of their backs. "You pulled a hat out of a rabbit, that was very colorful," Walter pointed at Lula who sighed.

    "Almost eight and a half years ago, so... no need to bring that up."

    "We can't all be held accountable for our adolescent personas," Walter picked up a macaroon, waving it around a little bit. "Can we, Magicolio?" he took a bite, looking at Danny.

    Khris and Merritt looked at Danny with amused expressions. Khris whispered, an eyebrow raised at her partner, "Magicolio?"

    Danny rolled his eyes a little at Khris, turning his gaze to Walter. He put his hands in his pockets, feeling uncomfortable. "Magicolio, that-that was fifteen years ago."