32

"Ano pong meron, Ma'am?" tanong ko kay Miss Via.

"We'll have a dinner later, for the rookies."

"Para sa amin po?" gulat na tanong ko.

Tumango siya at ngumiti. "Mr. Viktor started it last year, and it will become an annual event now. It's like a welcome party for you guys so you guys choose to stay longer in the company."

Hindi ko maiwasang mapangiti. I see that he's giving importance to his employees.

"When he built the Limor cars, I was already there, so I seemed to know how he hired his employees even if I wasn't in HR. Nasabi lang sa akin ng friend ko from HR. He's the one who told the HR team to hire people who don't have enough work experience or people who are experiencing extreme poverty but needed a job. They weren't put in a high position, but they were put in the cleaning section, which is not bad because it's still a job and they are paid well."

Para akong na-estatwa dahil sa sinabi niya. Wala akong nabasa ganoong information sa kanya. I read almost everything about him, pero walang ganon.

"The HR team was really confused at that time, but they had no choice but to obey. Even in being a janitor or janitress, there are still qualifications such as being a high school graduate, but the people they hired never went to school because of such situations, and that's what Mr. Viktor wants. When I knew about that, it gave me a reason to stay here even though he had already made me cry because of the pressure he put on me."

Huminga ako ng malalim dahil sa mga naririnig ko. My memory is still clear that I was the one who told him that, to give those people a chance to have a job and escape the poverty that they were experiencing, and he listened to me.

"Bakit walang ganyang information sa Internet, Ma'am?" tanong ko sa kanya.

She shook her head. "I don't know. The fact that he produced a lot of jobs in the market—that was put online. But I don't know why our PR didn't put that information online. That can be a good image for him." I agreed.

Hindi ko alam ang mararamdaman ko, pero hindi ko na lang binigyan ng masyadong atensyon. I'm happy about the fact that he did what I said to him, and I believe that he has already helped a lot of people, pero bakit niya ako pinakinggan? Or maybe he just realized that what I said was true.

Nag-ready na kaming lahat para sa dinner at marami pala kaming rookies for this year. Hindi ko alam ang mangyayari, pero mukhang kakain lang naman at makatipid ako sa pagkain ngayon.

We ate in the restaurant nearby the company, and it was already rented solely for the whole company. I was looking for him, but I can't see him. Hindi naman ata siya pupunta.

At bakit ko siya hinahanap?!

I just picked a food that I think is delicious, and I picked at least three dishes. Alam 'kong mukha na akong patay gutom dito pero free naman.

I took a selfie and sent it to Waldo. He replied to me and complimented me, saying that I looked good and PG because I had food in my mouth.

Napailing na lang ako dahil ang harsh niya.

The whole atmosphere of the restaurant looked so happy because of the free foods that we were eating today, but the head of the accounting department made all the rookies stand.

Pinatayo ako ni Miss Via at ako lang ang rookie sa Marketing department at yung iba ay nasa ibang department na.

They welcomed us, and I immediately smiled at them.

"Thank you po." I smiled at my department, and they also welcomed me.

I feel that I'm in a healthy environment with these people, who always cheer each other on and always help each other out to come up with the best solution for the company.