31

I almost sprinted because I'm already late by 5 minutes and we have a meeting at 9 a.m. Miss Via was calling me multiple times, and I just told her that I was on my way.

I woke up late, had to deal with rush hour, and bang! Late na naman ako.

Nakarating ako sa conference room at kumpleto na silang lahat. Everyone was looking at me, but Viktor didn't say anything and just proceeded with the report. I handed Miss Via my flashdrive for the report, and it showed up on the screen.

Viktor checked every piece of content that I made. Everyone of us was quiet and waiting for his feedback, but just as I expected, he rejected it.

"Make another one; show it to me in three hours." yun lang ang sinabi niya sa akin at tumango na lang ako.

I got permission to leave the conference room and went to my cubicle, pero pumunta muna ako sa pantry para gumawa ng sandwich for my lunch.

I made four this time, and I'm too hungry, and I have to feed myself for that three-hour report making because he rejected mine.

I mean no hard feelings; he's the boss, and he has the right to do that if he's not satisfied with my work.

Kumain muna ako at bumalik na rin sa cubicle ko para magtrabaho. I listened to the music to keep me hyped up, but I really need something.

I called Papa, and he immediately answered it.

"Pa." I called him.

"Yes hon?" I heard his voice with his usual sweet tone, and I immediately smiled.

I asked him something about what I should do and what he wanted for a marketing plan for his company. He told me a lot of things, and it gave me enough insights about what they want and possibly what Viktor wants.

My plan was just to call him and hear his voice so it could motivate me, but I grabbed the chance that I could learn something from him, and I did.

I made my new report in less than three hours, and I'm confident this time that I will get what he wanted. We had a meeting again, and I handed Miss Via my report. She checked it, and I saw that she was amazed by my work.

She presented it in front of everyone, and Viktor is now checking it. After almost twenty minutes of checking it, he approved it, and that will be the marketing plan for this month.

Everyone in the room sighed, indicating that our work would now proceed.

Lumabas kami ng conference room at halos lahat sila ay pinasalamatan ako. Nagbiro ako na sabihan nila ako ng maganda para matuwa naman ako at sinunod nga nila kaya tawa ako nang tawa.

Because of that work, they saw me as their life saver, when father is my life saver.

Since we have no work to do today, it's our free time.

Nagpahinga lang ako at gusto ko lang matulog dahil inaantok na ako talaga ako. I rested my head on my desk, closed my eyes, and took a nap.

I was woken up by Miss Via because it was already break time. Nag-inat lang ako ng katawan at sa pantry lang ulit ako dumiretso at nang dekwat na naman ng tinapay at palaman.

"I saw that you kept eating this."

Lumapit sa akin si Miss Via at ngumiti lang ako.

"Free po kasi ang foods." humagikgik ako. She just smiled and let me do my thing.

Yung iba kasi ay lumalabas pa para kumain kaso ayoko talagang gumastos dahil limited na lang ang pera ko at ilang araw pa bago ako sumahod. Pecho de peligro na ako at kailangan 'kong magtipid.