Chapter 10 : The Illusion Of Choice

8:30 am , 24th February, Galaxy Villa, Madh Island, Mumbai.

The bed. It smells so different. A little musky, a little masculine...I kind of like it...

It definitely doesn't smell like mine...

I fluttered my eyelashes open and rubbed the sides of my eyelids. I rose slightly from the bed and gasped when I realized that the surroundings were completely alien to me.

I looked around to find myself in a king sized bed with a velvet duvet. To the left, there was a large mirror and a dressing table with a dozen different bottles of cologne and aftershave. To the right, there was a large balcony, overlooking the pool. The doors were adorned with silky curtains of dark hues.

In short, the room didn't resemble the little shoe-box that I'd been assigned in any shape or form, whatsoever!

Where the hell have you landed up, Nandini? I asked myself.

I got out from under the duvet, and immediately saw something that confirmed my worst fear! The clothes Manik had worn last night had been thrown on the floor carelessly.

I was in Manik Malhotra's bedroom!

I cupped my face in my hands as I pondered upon the events of last night. Manik had come to my room because he hadn't been able to sleep...then we'd both dozed off on my bed...

So, how the fuck had I been magically teleported to his room?!

Had Manik and I...had we?

No! Absolutely not! If anything had happened between us, I would've remembered. It's not like I was drunk or anything...

Besides, Manik was a lot of things, but I didn't think he was one to take advantage of someone in that way.

I continued to rack my brain for a few more moments. All of a sudden, the door of the bathroom clicked open and Manik emerged from it, dripping wet with nothing but a scanty towel around his waist.

Holy shit! My eyes widened as I watched him take steps towards the mirror, while using another hand towel in order to dry his hair.

There were drops of water trickling down his abdominal muscles and the way his clavicles sunk slightly as he flexed his arms was just so darn...sexy...

Ugh! Nandini! Stop gaping at him! You're mad at him remember?! It has to be his fault you're in this room!

I strengthened my resolve, and shot up from the bed. I balanced myself on the overly spongey mattress and said in the firmest voice I could manage. "Manik! What the hell am I doing in your room?! How did I get here? What stupid trick are you trying to pull now?!"

He had turned around the moment he'd heard my voice. The more questions I asked, the larger the smirk on his face grew.

"Manik! Answer me!" I yelled.

He slowly walked towards me, and stood barely a step away from me. He raised one of his hands up and brought it to the level of my head.

I was growing increasingly puzzled at his actions. It was only when he retracted his hand and held it at the level of his own head that I realized what he was doing.

This monster was making fun of my height!

"Yeah. I think, from now on, this is how we should talk. With you standing on the bed. It's far easier for me. I have been developing a crick in my neck in the last few days you know...due to craning it down way too much..." Manik chuckled.

I gave him a nasty look in response. Why had God made me such a little person?! Even though I was standing on the bed, I was still barely an inch taller than Manik.