Chapter 9 : A Roller Coaster Of Emotions

9:15 pm, 23rd February, Galaxy Villa, Madh Island, Mumbai.

"Are you certain, doctor?" I asked in a  voice filled with shame.

There were murmurs among the girls as they speculated about the recent revelation made by the physician, but I focused all my attention on getting a few more answers.

"Yes, bulimia seems like the best explanation for all of her symptoms...Has she been suffering from any stress or depression off late? Those are the key reasons due to which this eating disorder develops in patients..." The doctor replied.

I immediately shot Manik a nasty look when I heard the doctor's words. If Alya was under any form of duress, the main reason for it had to be Manik Malhotra!

However, he didn't utter a word in response to my hostile expression. He had gone completely poker-faced...

"Doctor, I've just known her for a few days, so I didn't know that she was depressed..." I said in a shifty voice.

"Will she be alright, doctor?" Jeff asked in a slightly nervous voice.

"Yes. She should be! However, it won't be easy...Bulimia in many ways, is a psychological disorder. She'll need some thorough counseling sessions, so that we can find out the root cause of her stress and work towards eliminating it. In addition to that, she needs to be kept on a strict diet, so that she builds up her strength once more..." The doctor answered.

"So, no pills and stuff?" Inaaya asked casually, from afar.

"No...it's not necessary right now." The doctor said.

"Wait! So if she's sick, she can't continue to shoot for the show, right? That means she's eliminated!" Soha said, smugly.

Her callous remark made my blood boil once more.

"Soha! I really don't think this is the time to make such comments! Her condition is no joke!" I hissed.

I could see Soha fuming in anger at my words. She was about to respond, when all of a sudden, Alya's hand began to show signs of movement and her eyelashes fluttered the slightest bit.

"Doctor, she's waking up!" I said, urgently.

"Alright, everyone, let's retire for the night! Alya will receive the care she needs. We don't need a crowd in the living room! Contestants, get back to your rooms! We'll think about how to handle the elimination ceremony tomorrow! Crew members, get back to the vanity vans, stat!" The director screamed at everyone.

All the crew members and the contestants grudgingly started walking away.

I could see Manik walk out of the living room in a surprisingly hurried manner. I thought that he was racked with guilt due to his reckless actions. When he brought Alya out of the pool, I thought I detected a hint of worry in his voice!

I guess I was mistaken. He was scooting out of here without even trying to apologize to her!

"One person should stay with her, while I examine her further...will you stay back?" The doctor's voice brought me out of my rumination.

"Yes! Of course!" I replied quickly.

A few seconds after everyone moved out, Alya seemed to be conscious again as she opened her eyes slightly, and made an attempt to sit up straight.

"Alya take it easy!" I said, as I helped her up and supported her head against the back rest of the couch.

"Alya, how're you feeling?" The doctor asked, as she checked her pulse once more.