Chapter 20

The next morning came by in a rush, sunlight pouring into your room and filling the room with light. You yawned and snuggled into the covers more.

Soon enough your brain clicked and you opened your eyes. You sat up in bed and turned to the side, expecting to see Kyosuke back in his neko form. You threw back the blankets and your breath caught in your throat.

Little Kyosuke lifted his head up at you as you disturbed his sleep. You gave a start as you watched him get up and stretch his paws, clawing at your bed before finally coming over and rubbing himself against the side of your leg.

"Kyo?" you asked concerned. The little kitten cocked his head, staring up at you with wide icy blue eyes. He jumped up on your lap and gave a loud meow.

"Uh, okay, okay.." you murmured. Lifting Kyo into your arms, you made your way out of your bedroom and into the kitchen.

You set Kyo down on the counter and he sat down, his tail swaying as he watched your every move closely. You grabbed a cereal bowl and filled it up with cold tap water. You'll have to go out and buy more items for him later.

You grabbed Kyo and set him down on the floor with the bowl of water. Once the kitten was silently lapping up the refreshment, you went back into your room and began getting ready for school, your head swirling with thoughts.

Why wasn't Kyo in his neko form? Did something happen to him before you reached him? He doesn't seem to recognize his name but you know for certain that it's him. Not just because he looks like him, but you felt it. You just knew it was him. An additional confirmation was the small chain collar that was around his neck this morning.

Just like last time it had appeared on him out of nowhere, not too heavy or uncomfortable.

After grabbing all your belongings, you threw on your jacket and wrapped a scarf around your neck. You picked up your bookbag and slung it over your shoulder as you walked out your room and closed the door.

"Wah!" Eyes wide, you quickly side-stepped and tripped on thin air. Right outside your door, Kyo was sitting idly, finished his drink.

He stood up and walked over to where you were on the floor, licking your cheek and rubbing against your face. You groaned and sat up, lifting him up in your arms. "You're certainly troublesome, mister."

The kitten seemed to have a twinkle in his eye at that and you smiled, scratching behind his ear as he let out loud purrs.

"You're lucky you're cute." you said and stood back up, brushing yourself off from the ground. "You're coming with me today, alright?" Kyo looked at you with curious eyes. "No getting into trouble. And you have to stay quiet. Okay?"

You stood in the middle of your house, talking to the kitten in your arms as if he'd speak back to you. And he didn't. You licked your lips and sighed, you really wished he'd talk. You missed his cocky grin and, dare you say it, that ridiculous nickname he'd call you.

You shook your head to get rid of these thoughts. You didn't have time for this right now.

Remembering to grab your keys off the counter, you turned the lights off and opened your door to the cool fresh air outside. Once locking it, you were just about to get started walking when something caught on your skirt. You looked back to see a thorn from the bushes next to your entrance had caught on the fabric.

Last time it was Kyo's claws that had ripped your skirt. This time it was a thorn. It may not have happened the same way as before, but it still did, and now your skirt's ripped once more.

Looks like you'll have to ask Ikuto for help again.