Chapter 21

Kicking the front door shut, you let out a sigh of relief as you put down all the grocery bags you'd been carrying around all morning. Kyosuke hopped down from the top of the counter where he was perched waiting for you and began sniffing around the bags.

You leant down and pulled out a plastic ball from inside one of the bags. It had a mouse on the inside of it that made a squeaking noise when it moved. Kyo followed your movements and pawed at your legs for the toy in your hands.

As you threw the toy across the room, a small smile spread over your lips as you watched him run over to it and start batting it across your home.

He was so cute.

You weren't really sure why he was still in his cat form. And when you awoke this morning to see him curled up in a ball on your stomach, you couldn't help but feel a little saddened that you weren't greeted by that mischievous smirk of his.

There was no neko instruction manual that you knew of and there were zero results when you tried researching nekos on the internet. It almost seemed fruitless.

Until a loud ping from your phone pulled you away from your thoughts and to the name that popped up on your cellphone. Maybe there was someone who could help.

Not too long after sending a quick text back, did a knock come from your front door. Kyosuke immediately ran to the door and sat down right in front of it, seeming to anticipate who was on the other side.

You took in a deep breath and let it out, running your hands down your outfit to dispel any creases or cat fur that may have come upon your clothes. With a quick glance in the mirror on the wall by the front entrance to make sure your hair wasn't sticking up in any odd places, you grabbed the front doorknob and opened it. You made sure you weren't going to make the same mistake twice of looking like a complete mess in front of your senpai. This time, you were prepared.

"Good morning, (Y/n)!" Ikuto stood on your doorstep with a bright smile on his lips.

A small blush tinged your cheeks and you gave him small bow, allowing him entrance inside. "G-good morning, Ikuto."

You stepped aside and Ikuto stepped in, Kyosuke meowing loudly at the intruder and placed himself in between the two of you. Ikuto smiled widely and knelt down, holding out his hand for Kyo to sniff.

You watched Kyosuke cautiously allow Ikuto to pet him upon his head and you inwardly giggled to yourself. Even as a cat he was still wary of Ikuto.

You turned towards the brunet and asked curiously, "Did you not bring Koneko-chan?"

Ikuto turned to you swiftly with a look of bewilderment. He opened his mouth before shutting it quickly. He stood back up and nonchalantly dusted off his pants, leaning his head out the door just slightly and reaching his hand out. A pink and purple ribbon was then held in his hand as he returned, "She's right here, actually. But-"

"Oh, you brought Kuriko-chan with too." you hummed as the two girls stepped foot inside. You closed the door gently behind them.

You bent down towards one of the grocery bags still on the floor and picked up a bag of carrots, offering a stick to both neko. You knew previously that Koneko liked carrots so it was just a hunch that maybe Kuriko might too. You never quite got to interact with her yet.

You were hoping this time around Kuriko would just be a normal neko. Whatever dream or alternate universe or whatever the hell it was had given Kuriko an awful background. During then, Kyo had gotten his scar across his eye from when Kuriko was trying to surface from Koneko's subconscious and he got caught in the crossfire.

As you took a quick glance to Kyosuke, he peered up at you and you noted he still had the same scar. Maybe like your skirt, the events had also been changed as to how he had gotten it.

Koneko's eyes gleamed and she mewled excitedly, bouncing up and down in her spot as she grabbed your attention once more and took the carrot from your hand and started to munch on it. Kuriko remained more standoff-ish than her twin, but took the carrot stick regardless, muttering out a small thank you.

Ikuto stared at you puzzled as he watched you interact with the nekos. You were still a bit wary of Kuriko after what you sort of remembered, but she didn't seem like a threat this time around. Both of the nekos were now kneeling on the floor, mewling over Kyosuke who rubbed against them with loud purrs.

"Oh, right! Give me a second and I'll be back with the skirt." you said remembering why he had come over in the first place.

Ikuto nodded and you led him over to the couch in the main room while you walked into your bedroom to retrieve your school skirt. You grabbed it and returned to the couch beside him as he pulled out a small red box full of a variety of threads and needles.

As he got to work, you busied yourself with putting away the rest of your groceries you had laid out on the floor beside the front door. Some bags carried grocery foods that you placed in the kitchen while a few other bags were filled with some clothes and toys for Kyo.

As you got to the last bag, you pulled out a small little bell. As it jingled in your hand, Kyosuke came running over to you excitedly and sat in front of you, pawing at your leg. You smiled widely and cooed, picking him up in your arms and attaching the bell to the front of his chain.

There, it's perfect.

You set Kyo back down and giggled as he began running around, circling the female neko. He kept butting his head against them making his bell ring out loudly in your home.

A cough caught your attention and you looked back over to Ikuto to see him watching you, your skirt now sewn back up once more and folded on his lap.

"Ah! Arigato!" You blushed and ran over to him, grabbing onto your clothes and giving him a small bow in appreciation.

"It's no problem, anything for a friend, (Y/n)." He gave a large smile before tilting his head curiously. "Although, I do have to ask, how do you know about Koneko and Kuriko? I've never mentioned them before." Ikuto announced and your blush came back brighter.

Right. You almost forgot.

You gave a slap to your forehead and sighed deeply, dropping back onto the couch beside him as your stared off at Kyosuke.

"Ikuto, I need your help."

Hiya, I'm baack~

I hope yall enjoy the new chapter! More updates will be coming soon. This time, guaranteed. I will be finishing this story.

Until next time, my kittens~