Chapter 10

You slowed down your steps as you came upon shredded clothing pieces and dark gooey liquid all around a nicely built home.

Looking ahead, you noticed the trail leading from the opened door of said home. It was a shame, really. This was Ikuto-senpai's home. It had a nice slate blue exterior with a darker shade for the roof. The window panes and trimming were white with dark-tinted windows and a brick chimney.

The brick wall in front was crumbled and the sign that was engraved with "Akihiko" was bent and crushed under the debri. Even the black gate had been torn off its hinges, looking to have been thrown a few feet away.

Whatever could've happened? The scene before you looked like it was straight out of a horror/mystery movie! It was just too surreal...

You heard cries of anguish coming from inside. Your heart dropped low and you had an awful sinking feeling that whatever was inside was not going to be pretty.

To be honest, though, you mildly wondered about why no police had been informed or why no vehicles or people were anywhere to be found. Hell, not even a single light in a window was on. Sure, it was the middle of the night, a few hours till morning, but usually there are a few stray cars and teenagers with insomnia who stayed up late into the night.

But soon enough all thoughts fled your mind once you stepped forward, your bare feet touching the gooey reddish-black blood that decorated the ground and door entrance.

You flitted to the side and gave a yelp, wiping the substance on the grass to no avail. It stuck to your skin like a stain on clothes.

"Ew, ew, ewwwwwww!!" you whined irritably. You closed your eyes and sucked in a breath, exhaling slowly afterwards. "C'mon, (Y/n); you can do this. Ikuto-senpai could be in there!" You said to build up your courage. Then, you bit your lip as another thought came into mind. "Kyo-kun could be in there..." You reopened your eyes and, with determination now coursing through your veins, you started forward once more.

"You got this!"

...

"You don't got this. You don't got this. You don't got this. You don't got this. You don't got this..."

You softly chanted the same sentence over and over in your mind as you walked down the halls and many corridors, checking each and every room you passed by.

Most of the rooms were either trashed and messy, or clean and untouched. It was one or the other.

But towards the end of the main entrance hall was a large kitchen. You entered inside and looked around closely. The light above the oven was on and a small flickering candle on the table gave light to the room.

The kitchen was fairly neat and well organized. The only thing out of place were the many small slips of paper that were scattered along the floor in front of the fridge, some still sticking to it.

You gulped and stepped forward, picking up a few of the slips.

They were notes. Many of them all saying something similar. 'Be back soon' 'I'll be out for a few days' 'Don't do anything rash while I'm gone'

All of them had to do with the fact that whoever wrote them was leaving. But why weren't they thrown away? Or taken off the fridge?

You tilted your head upwards to the freezer and seen many picture magnets. You noticed that in every picture they all shared similar hair patterns with all also containing varying shades of blue eyes.

And then there was a lone picture of Ikuto. His picture was situated all the way at the top at the corner of the fridge.

You furrowed your brows together. These kids must be Ikuto-senpai's family. You never knew he had siblings...

You stared in disbelief at the many photos. Ikuto never once had spoken anything about having a large family. And from the photographs, Ikuto must have at least eleven siblings.

There were younger quadruplets, three girls and one boy, a toddler girl and a little baby boy, three much older triplets consisting of all boys, and then twins of a boy and girl who looked around Ikuto's age.

You heard a pain-filled cry come from upstairs. As you scurried out of the kitchen, you never noticed that in the large family photo, there was one who looked to be out-of-place in the portrait, which, coincidentally, was the only person that was not scratched out with a thick black sharpie.

...

Eyes. Red eyes. Glowing brightly in the dim house, looking to be blood-red, in fact.

Fangs. Sharp, deadly canines that stuck out from under the top lip.

Tears. His bloody tears that ran reddish-black tracks down his cheeks and that made the whites of his eyes pitch black.

The odd black veins that pulsed all throughout his body. Looking to be closing in on his face.

"K-Kyosuke!" you shouted and bolted forward to his fetal position.

He was grunting and breathing heavily, squeezing his head tightly as if wanting to crush his skull.

You enveloped your neko into your arms, pulling at his hands which were bloody. Long black talons replaced his fingernails and seemed to be scratching into his face. "Kyo! Kyo! Please, speak to me, Kyosuke!" you pleaded.

You held his face in your hands and forced his head upwards. His red, tear-stained eyes locked on to your own. His slitted pupils seemed to dilate and focus on you, his body shaking.

Kyosuke slowly started to ease up on the pressure to his head, one of his hands reaching forward. His fingertips lightly touched your cheek, the long talons retracting and the black veins disappearing. "C-Cupcake...?"

Tears poured down your cheeks and you nodded vigorously. "Yes! Yes... I'm here."

You pulled him in close to you, wrapping him tightly into a hug. You didn't even care if his odd tears were staining your skin or that his blood-coated hands were entangled in your hair.

You breathed in a hiccup, unconsciously breathing in Kyo's natural scent which you missed. It made you tingle inside and feel warm. Loved. You missed him.

And now he was finally in your arms again. "Oh, Kyo..." you murmured into his shoulder.

All that mattered was that he was now here. With you.

"I'll get you out of here. I'll help you, I promise."