Chapter 6

You sat on your bed, your hairbrush untangling the wild knots of Koneko's long hair. You were careful to not brush along her ears; you knew from Kyosuke that they were really sensitive.

You pulled her hair back away from her face on the right side of her head,  sticking your tongue out with the effort. Once her hair had been pinned in place, you placed her pink bow on and smiled at your work, satisfied.

The side ponytail made the adorable neko look even more cute. I wonder if Ikuto thinks so too...?

"All done." you said softly and she suddenly jumped on you, giving you a crushing hug.

You both giggled and you patted her head.

At the moment, the both of you were in your room. While you helped fix up Koneko, the boys were to help clean up the mess of your house. You hoped that things weren't too bad with them, and they had to have been doing alright since no yelling was heard.

"Do you like Master, (Y/n)-chan?" Koneko suddenly asked.

You turned to her with a blush. She had a serious expression on her face.

You bit your lip and said nothing. You didn't know what to say. What if she told Ikuto how you felt?!

"Hm..." Koneko tilted her head, her sparkling eyes becoming half-lidded. "Do you like Kyosuke-kun?"

That caught you even more by surprise. Did you like Kyo? Your neko?

You opened your mouth before shutting it once more.

Did you like Kyo? He's funny and quirky, and quite sensitive too when he wants. On the outside he's a total meanie, emotionless and uncaring and mysterious. It was an odd combination. One that you might be growing fond of...

You answered honestly, "I'm not sure."

Koneko nodded and smiled up at you then, a mischievous look in her big blue eyes. "How about we make a deal?" She wore a sly smirk on her pretty face.

You were utterly confused. Koneko was now acting way differently than before.

"So how's about it, (Y/n)-chan? You in?" she asked once more.

You looked at her with slightly wide eyes. You gave a half-hearted shrug and she gave a huff, a frown forming as she rolled her eyes.

"Listen here," she began sternly and you tensed up at her words, giving her your full attention. "You help me seduce Kyosuke-kun, and I can help you with my master. Now deal or not, (Y/n)-chan?"

She could help you get with Ikuto?? Your heart leapt at the thought. Could she really?

...but there was a catch. As always.

In order for her to help you, you had to help her get with Kyosuke, your neko. Are you really going to just hand him over to her?

You gulped nervously, your hands becoming clammy as sweat rolled down your neck.

Koneko seemed like a nice enough neko upon first meeting her. But now you're not so sure. She has a completely different aura now than she did a couple minutes ago.

And once more, her personality quickly changed.

"That's alright then!" she said cheerfully with a large smile. "I'll give you some time to think about it. Nya~"

She skipped away and pranced out of your bedroom, leaving you to your thoughts.

...

You breathed in the cool, crisp air, pulling your (f/c) scarf up higher on your face to protect you from the nippy wind.