Chapter 4

Ikuto glanced over at you with a look of surprise, though a hint of a smile played at his lips. "You have a neko as well, (Y/n)-san?"

You didn't bother to give a response as the neko waved a key in front of you. How the-

You face-palmed in realization as you remembered that you forgot to grab the keys from off the counter. You never even locked the door!

You grunted and stomped your foot, "Neko baka! Give my key back!" you whined, reaching forward to snatch them away.

The blond neko held the key up high, way out of your reach. He snickered, "Now, now, Cupcake. You should've gotten me some cheese. An exchange is only fair~"

You pouted and he gave a cheesy grin. "Give it back!" you groaned wearily. You clung onto his bicep, trying to pull his arm down.

"Aww~ Look how cute she is thinking she could reach!" he taunted.

Your face flushed furiously. Then, you feigned exasperation, your lips tugging downwards. "All this is making me so tired! Guess I'll just pass up going to the store until tomorrow then," You smirked as you seen the look of horror briefly cross his face. "Ah well~"

The key flew at you and you fumbled to catch it. Instead, it flew over your head and landed with a clang on the pavement.

The neko glared at you and you giggled, sticking your tongue out at him childishly. You turned around to pick up your key when you bumped into Ikuto's chest, small chuckles escaping from him.

Your body froze in embarrassment. You completely forgot he was there! Oh, God! I acted like a complete-

"Cute."

-idiot?

You stared at Ikuto as he gave you a smile. He just said you were cute! Your face blushed pink.

"You should act like that more often; it's quite attractive." he said.

You heard a growl behind you and an arm wrapped around your torso, pulling you back as you stumbled into into the neko's chest.

"G-get off me!" you whined, struggling to pull his arm away. He was too close! Way too close!!

"Time to go home, (Y/n)." he muttered lowly.

You stiffened in place. This was some stern attitude from him. It was different from his playful demeanor and to be honest you weren't sure you liked his tone.

You stayed quiet, your head held low as you let the neko drag you away.

"I-I'll see you tomorrow!" Ikuto tried calling out.

"You won't." The neko muttered harshly. You weren't sure if he was directing that towards you, or if he meant for that to stay to himself.

Whatever it was, you didn't like the way he was acting. Not one bit.

You sat on the edge of your bed after getting home once more. You went out for some cheese for the damn neko only to find him sleeping soundly in your bed. All that huff and puff of "Hurry up!" and "I really want my cheese, Cupcake~" for nothing!

Turns out that after you went to school, the cat went out to play. Or to  gather up some clothes and cheese.

You can just imagine the poor people he must've whined and groaned at to give him stuff. What a stupid neko!

As he shifted in his sleep onto his back, you stared at him, taking in his features while you could. Any other time he'd pester and tease you about it.

His hair was really light, almost resembling snow white hair instead of blond. His ears twitched in his sleep at times, and looked so soft and fluffy if you were more daring enough you'd reach out to stroke them.

His fairly tan skin sprouted freckles on his cheeks and nose. And now that you can look at his face properly, you could see a small scar etched across his right eye. It was mostly hidden in sight by his tussled hair, but there was still a bit of the scar underneath his eye.

What happened? You were really curious about him. You don't know much about him at all, yet he fit right in with you and your small life. It was as if he had always just been there, but more quiet and silent.

The neko had a small silver chain wrapped around his neck. Upon further inspection, you noticed that it almost looked to be like a collar of some sort. It was odd.

Did he get that somewhere? If not, then how'd it get around his neck?

You sighed and backed away. There was no telling when he'd wake up. And if he caught you staring you'd never hear the end of it, which you'd probably not want.

You got up and changed into your pajamas of a white T-shirt and a pair of dark blue shorts with a red bow. Your shirt had a big red heart on the front with the words "I 💘 Naps" written in front.

This shirt was practically made for you solely.

You giggled softly and turned on your lamp to turn out the big light. You laid down in your bed, all snug in your covers, and reached over to your bedside table to grab a manga you've been recently reading. It was currently around 11 o'clock, but it was Friday. A little reading couldn't hurt.

You felt something soft curl around your leg before a heavy arm planted itself across your torso. You rolled your eyes in exasperation, though a smile tugged at your lips.

You stroked his head a few times before pulling away, the faint purring rumbling around your quiet room. "Stay asleep now, you silly kitty."

April 2023 update: 

Hiya! I've been working on some drawings for this story and so I've decided to upload the drawing I did of our neko here on this chapter. I'm planning on drawing up a new cover image for the story and I'm almost finished drawing up another character as well.

I hope you all enjoy, my lovely kittens~ x3