Chapter 5

"Kyo!"

You heard scratching at your front door and you rolled your eyes. Did the stupid neko go outside and lock himself out there? What a baka!

This morning you and the cat decided up a name for him, randomly picking out letters on a piece of paper with eyes closed.

You must say that it was quite fun to do, and the name he got seemed to fit him alright as well.

That didn't mean he was any less of a pain though.

You stopped making sandwiches and put down the knife on the countertop. You heard more scratching and you groaned. Soon enough you're going to have to paint everywhere he scratches if he keeps it up.

You reached your front door and pulled it open, "Kyosuke! You baka neko-o- Oh!!"

You jolted backwards as you stared out your front door.

"Hey, (Y/n)-san!" Ikuto gave a sheepish wave.

You stood in your doorway in shock.

"Hi-hi! Is this your home? You're so cute! Do you have any carrots? I love carrots! Nya~"

Standing next to Ikuto was a beautiful girl. She was very energetic and she probably always smiled. She had long, silky snow white hair, with black on the tips of her bangs. There was also some black on the tips of her ears and tail. She wore some of her hair pulled back on the right side with a pretty pink bow which was beginning to loosen. She had somewhat similar blue eyes as Kyo that were a gorgeous baby blue with longer and fuller eyelashes.

Ikuto gave a shy smile and gripped the purple ribbon in his hand which wrapped around the girl's neck like a collar. "I'm sorry about Koneko-chan. She's usually timid around others."

He scratched her head and she purred lovingly. You then realized that this "Koneko" was Ikuto's own neko.

"She's very pretty," you remarked and reached out to pet her head. Instead, Koneko lifted her head and licked your hand softly.

You smiled lightly. "Your hair is a bit messy. Would you like me to fix it for you?" you asked shyly.

She nodded excitedly and bounded inside your home, dragging a startled Ikuto along.

Before closing the door you seen Kyo walking up the sidewalk. He seen you and smiled widely, "Cupcake! You waited for me!" he shouted out.

You stuck your tongue out at him and slammed the door as soon as he got within five feet.

You heard him groan as he smacked against the door. You let a giggle escape and you looked up to see Ikuto watching you from across the room.

You blushed profusely at his stare.

"Were you eating peanut butter in your sleep?" Ikuto asked, chuckling.

"What...?" You swiped your hand against your cheek and felt something gooey.

That's when you remembered something; you haven't changed at all since going to bed last night and you were a complete mess at the moment topped with gooey peanut butter and cold jam spread over your face and hands.

You must've been such a sight to behold.

As Kyo finally got the door open, ready to bound in to squeeze you, you squealed loudly, throwing yourself back against the door which, in result, created a loud thud from the other side of the door.

You scurried past the two in your small living room and bounded into your bedroom. You looked at yourself in your vanity only to confirm the mess that was yourself.

Your hair was disheveled and stray hairs stuck up everywhere. You had faint marks on your face from your sleep beforehand, and you still wore your pajamas. How embarrassing! And in front of Ikuto too? Oh, gosh!

You didn't want to imagine what he must've been thinking. Probably along the lines of "disgusting" and "unorganized" at the most!

You grew pale and fished out a tank top and some sweatpants, brushing the tangles and knots from your hair in a hurry.

You quickly stepped out and forced a smile.

Koneko giggled wildly at you and you bit your lip. What was she laughing at?

"(Y/n)-san..." Ikuto said through mild chuckles. He stepped forward, getting close to you.

You froze. What was he going to do? Why is he coming at me?! You thought worriedly, yet you couldn't help the slight excitement you felt making your heart beat furiously.

Finally, Ikuto stopped in front of you and you looked up at him with rosy cheeks. He chuckled once more, showing his perfect teeth. He was so close you could smell his breath. It smelled slightly minty and like...bubblegum? Bubblegum toothpaste? Dammit! I knew I should've gotten the bubblegum instead of the cotton candy! You mentally scolded yourself.

Ikuto started to lean in and you gulped, your heart beating against your chest hard and fast, almost to the point of hurting.

You shut your eyes tight. What the heck is he doing??

You felt his hand go near your ear and tangle themselves through your hair. Then his hand retracted.

You peeked up at him to see his warm smile as he held up a hairbrush. A hairbrush? You groaned as he and Koneko laughed.

"Cupcake~!!"

Kyo burst through the door once more before suddenly stopping mid-stride.

His icy blue eyes focused in on Ikuto, noticing the close proximity between you two.

Oh, dear... You thought worriedly.

Before Kyo was able to storm over, there was a sudden shrill shriek of "NYAAAA~~!!" as a white blur dashed across the room and tackled Kyo to the ground.

Utterly shocked, you and Ikuto just stared dumbfounded as Koneko latched herself onto Kyosuke, purring and rubbing against him lovingly. "You are sooooo cute! Nya~" she sang.

Ikuto tensed beside you and you noticed that he seemed a bit disturbed by the sight of Koneko rubbing herself up against Kyo.

You let go of the thought as he suddenly smiled and started to laugh. He walked over to pull his neko off of yours.

"Sorry about that, Kyo-san. She gets overly excited when seeing other nekos." Ikuto said as he held on to Koneko's purple ribbon leash.

Kyosuke grumbled and got up. He glared and hissed towards the two guests and skittered over to your side. He dropped down to sit on the floor and you gave a dry, sheepish laugh.

Your hand absentmindedly scratched Kyo's head and he purred softly.

Koneko's hair had fallen out and the bow lay on the floor in front of her. Ikuto was petting her head which soothed the poor neko down.

As you looked around your home, you grew bashful each second. Your small house was in a clutter. Your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were left on the counter, the gooey substances staining the counter, the pictures on your wall were lopsided, there were random items littering the floor...

Oh... You groaned. Ikuto gave you a small grin and you sighed. How will Ikuto ever like such a messy girl as myself?

I'm so glad you guys are liking the story so far! We're at 1k views!! Woop woop!! :3

That just made me so happy seeing that. And we're almost at 100 votes as well!

All your comments are so cute. They make me laugh when I look them over and I feel happy that you all like something I am doing.

Until the next chapter, my lovely kittens~