Chapter 1

You were coming home from another day of school. You had decided to stay a bit later and read at the school library, so on your way home it was getting darker and darker.

Your neighborhood was fairly nice with many lovely people, but then again, you could never be too sure. You kept your head down and walked quickly, your hood pulled up over your head which hid your (h/l, h/c) hair.

It was getting really cold out this time of year, so once you reached your home you sighed with relief, puffs of white air billowing out before you.

Before you were able to put your key in to unlock your door, you turned and spotted light blonde fur peeking from behind a bush.

That was a bit odd. You didn't know any of your neighbors who had any pets. You let curiosity get the best of you and you reached down and picked the small thing up. It looked to be a kitten!

You rushed inside of your home and set your keys on the counter. You watched the small kitten breathing in air deeply. It was extremely small, and not to mention quite skinny as well. Any longer in that cold the poor thing might've not lived.

You began to think about this. He didn't seem to have a collar on, so he might just be stray kitten abandoned by his mother. And with this cold you didn't think it would be a good idea to let him go.

You nodded to yourself. You concluded that you might as well just keep him. It wouldn't be too hard, right?

You pulled out your phone and looked up info all about kittens. What they ate, drank, played with, disliked. All of it. You never once had a pet in your life. Your parents were both allergic to cats and dogs and they disliked the idea of pet fish, given most don't live that long.

You gathered up some supplies from your kitchen. You had a few of the items the kitten would like. You brought over a small bowl of water and a can of tuna you found in the back of your cabinet. You weren't very fond of any type of sushi or sea food, so you thought it'd be best to give it to something that would actually eat it.

You picked him up and set him in your lap. You nudged him softly and held the food and water in your hands.

He didn't move.

Maybe he was exhausted?

You bit your lip. That was probably it. If he didn't wake up tomorrow morning you'll definitely take him to the vet. Well, after making sure he's actually sleeping... he he he...

You put the bowls inside of the fridge. Making sure your door was locked and shut tight, you grabbed a few snacks and got into some sweatpants and a tank top. Even if it was freezing cold outside, your small home was quite toasty warm.

You lifted the kitten up into your hands and carried him into your bedroom. You got under the covers and placed him right beside you on a fluffy pillow. Your hand was softly stroking his fur as you fell asleep quickly.