Chapter 22

The bright afternoon sun shined down brightly as you walked down the street, Ikuto stepping in sync with you with the two neko in front, their ribbons swaying in the wind behind them. Kyosuke was snuggled up in your arms, purring in content watching the surroundings with large, curious ice-blue eyes.

You didn't really come by this area too often, it was a bit farther out near the outskirts of town. There wasn't really anything out here aside from a few small shops and a decent-sized park.

But all of those things you could go to closer to your place. There was a bigger park near you where you and Tsukiko would go sometimes. And the shopping district near the school had anything you might need shopping-wise, so there was no need in coming out this way.

Koneko suddenly let out a loud squeal and began running up ahead, Kuriko swiftly following after her, before they both turned a corner.

Ikuto let out a chuckle and held out his hand to you, "C'mon. Let's go after them."

You blushed a bright red and hesitantly grabbed onto his hand. Kyo turned his head up to you questioningly before looking down at both of your hands joined together. He let out a small hiss. Your eyes widened as Ikuto began pulling you forward and before you knew it you both were lightly jogging to catch up to the neko that ran away.

As you both turned the corner, you slowed down your pace. Koneko and Kuriko were stood behind a male who looked to have been taking a walk. Coming closer, you noticed the male had a bookbag on his back, with a little cat residing inside; the back was see-through.

"Will he be okay?" Koneko had asked, lifting her hand to the bookbag where the cat rubbed his head against.

The male had chuckled and nodded his head, "Yes, he'll be fine. He got into a fight the other day and is taking just a little longer to heal fully."

"So he'll be back at school then?" Kuriko mumbled. "That's good. I saw the other neko had so many scratches all over. Must've been a bad cat fight."

The male laughed again turning his head to look at them from behind, "Yeah, he'll be fine to return. The other neko won't be back for awhile though. Heard he's in some big trouble."

Koneko hummed and nuzzled her head against the see-through part of the bookbag. You and Ikuto finally caught up and Ikuto gave a wave to the male, "Good thing it wasn't too serious. Hope he's all well soon." He smiled brightly.

"Of course, he's all good. We'll be going now, we'll see you later!" The male called out and walked away, the cat in his backpack meowing loudly and pawing at the see-through screen.

Koneko gave a loud meow and turned to her sister, laying her head on Kuriko's shoulder. As you all began walking again, curiousity got the best of you and you asked, "So what's this about a cat fight? I didn't hear of any fights at school?"

Kuriko snickered and Ikuto smiled, slapping her softly on the shoulder. Kuriko turned around, walking backwards as she said, "Not your school, baka. Our school."

Ikuto gave her another light-hearted slap, "Be nice, Kuriko."

"It's our neko school, (Y/n)-chan. Didn't you know about it?" Koneko asked with a small smile.

You shook your head as light pink dusted across your cheeks. "No, I know nothing about neko. Didn't even know they existed until Kyosuke showed up on my doorstep." you mumbled and looked down at said neko in your arms. He was purring contently once more and you pet his head softly.

It seemed neko were more known than you thought. Probably because you didn't get out very much. Ever since coming here all you did was hang out with Tsukiko or hide away in the library to sneak glances at the vice student council president.