Chapter 32

US Capitol

20th January 1965

Jack stood proudly at the podium. He’d just given his inaugural address the crowd seemed to love it. After the applause died down he turned to walk back inside. Once he was out of view from the press he waited on Jackie. “Oh Jack.” Jackie smiled when she reached him. “You were wonderful bunny.”

Jack was smiling. “Thank you.” He bent down and kissed her. She smiled.

8pm

Jack Kennedy’s Bedroom

The First couple were getting ready for the Inaugural Balls, Jack was excited as was Jackie but she’d been quiet during today.

Jack was standing in front of the mirror tying his bow tie when Jackie came in. “Whoa.” Jack breathed when he saw her. She was wearing a beautiful black silk lace evening gown. “You look stunning.”

She blushed. “Thank you.”

Jack was talking about the parade when Jackie started fidgeting. “Jack?”

“Yes kid?” Jack asked turning round.

She patted the bed for him to sit beside her. He did as she wanted. “I need to tell you something.”

“What?” Jack asked concerned.

Jackie took a nervous breath. “I’m pregnant.”

Jack’s jaw dropped. His eyes were sparkling. “Are you sure?”

She nodded. “Positive, I found out two days ago.”

He smiled. “Are you happy?”

“Of course I am, are you?”

“Elated.” Jack exclaimed as he hugged her. She laughed. Jack slowly brushed his lips against hers.

“Oh I love you Jack.” Jackie said with tears in her eyes.

“I love you too.”

9pm

When the First Couple arrived at the first ball they sat down hand in hand. No one else knew but them, it made it more exciting. “I never dreamed we’d get to this stage, I knew what happened in Dallas would be a struggle to cope with.” Jackie whispered.

“I know it was a fight alright and I’m so glad I survived. I have you and the kids, four more years and a new little miracle to look forward too.” Jack grinned as he placed his hand on his wife’s stomach. She blushed and leaned her head against his. Never did either of them think that on the 22nd November life would turn out just as well as it had done.

1am

Jack and Jackie were sitting cuddled together in the back of the limousine on the way back to the White House. It was peaceful. Jack glanced at his wife, she looked so beautiful he couldn’t bear the thought he might have left her widowed. It truly had been a long fight to get to tonight but it had been worth it, every step of the way Jack thought as he kissed his wife’s head.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed it! :)