~Chapter 20~

"A kind gesture can reach a wound only compassion can heal."

********************

*(Y/n)'s POV*

The sun was climbing the sky as time began passing by. The car ride was longer than you thought. How far away was this mall?

You texted Toriel that you were shopping today so they wouldn't go to the skelebros house when no one's there.

Mettaton's 'ride' was a black limo with red leather seats. It was very spacious, bigger than a normal limo. Probably because of the tall monsters that you are accompanied with.

Why do monsters have to be so tall?!

Mettaton and Papyrus were sitting closer to the driver's cabin, while you and Sans were sitting in the very back of the limo across from each other.

The scenery that the luxurious car passed displayed many professionally-arranged green trees and rippling grass in open clearings as a breeze blew through the plants. You were entering the community where rich people lived since there were many houses that were huge, like bigger-than-a-mansion big. I guess Mettaton's mall is over here.

"So, how far is this mall?" You ask Sans.

"tibia honest,-" You snicker at the pun. "I don't really know, I try'ta avoid that annoyin' toaster over there." Sans waved at Mettaton, who turned to glare at him and gasped dramatically.

"I heard that!" He called out from the front.

"sure ya can!"

"SHUT THE FUuuhh,-" Papyrus' red eye lights darted to you. You fold your arms as you tap your foot while you raise an eyebrow at him.

"I-I MEAN, SHUT UP! I WILL NOT HAVE THIS TRIP WASTED BY YOU TWO BICKERING," Papyrus demanded. Sans immediately stops and shuts his mouth. Mettaton doing the same thing.

"Sorry, darling. But we're almost to the mall!~" The robot said cheerfully. He began chatting with Papyrus. You hum and turn to face Sans. So, what should you talk about? Oh!-

"So, how was the Underground? What was it like down there?" You ask. Sans stiffened, eye lights disappearing as he looked down at the floor. You glanced over at the other two in the limo. They went silent too, looking everywhere else but you.

"howzabout we don't talk about it...?" Sans stated before his eye lights came back. His voice was a bit shaky.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that. I-,"

"It's fine, darling, you didn't know," Mettaton jumps in with his cheery attitude back. "Besides..." He looks toward Papyrus.

"I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO TELL YOU HOW I BECAME AS GREAT AS I AM NOW!" Papyrus says before his pose falls. "BUT THE LAWS ON THE SURFACE PROHIBIT US MONSTERS FROM TALKING ABOUT OUR PAST LIFE IN THE UNDERGROUND."

"yeah, n'what I don't like 'bout the laws is that we can't even do anythin' anywhere, people always ask dumb questions all'a time or stare at us like we're somethin' from a museum." Sans says, crossing his large arms. "or we are discriminated fer stupid reasons."

You hum and nod. Is it becoming the 1950's again? Hope not. Why could people be so against monsters? They're awesome! I bet they haven't even tried to make friends with them. A beat of silence followed. Until Mettaton gasped, pointing out the limo's window.

"We're here, darlings!~"

You whip your head over to the window to be greeted by a huge mall. It was painted a white color with pink and black trim. The building looked futuristic, but it had some classy look to it. The mall had at least 8 stories at first glance. That's... just wow.