XXVII - Dirt And Gold

Rivers

I woke up in the bed beside Blu who was sleeping peacefully by my side. I took a second to take in her angelic features: her plump lips that always moved so smoothly with my own, her soft eyelashes that she hid her eyes under whenever she looked up at you, her soft caramel skin that glowed in the sun when she soaked under it, and how peaceful she looked when the dreams consumed her. She was truly a looker and anybody would bow at her feet and praise her, I mean Zach did.

She was kind, considerate, understanding, and a sight for sore eyes, but she sure as hell is not innocent. I did research on 'Baby Blu' only to find out she was indeed the number one assassin in the whole world. I even believe that she's killed more than the inner gang of the White Knights have, and we've killed a lot. Though, Blu only killed those who brought harm around her, those who were involved with gangs.

I worry for her sometimes actually, when I saw the look in her eyes when she killed the Blood Diamonds leader and men, I almost didn't recognize her. She didn't look like my Blu, she looked like she was thirsty for blood. I wonder if she has no control over that side of her or if it's just anger. If that's the case I don't ever want to get on her bad side.

She looked truly peaceful when she was asleep, the only other time I've seen her like this is when she soaked under the sun the other day. That was the only time I've seen a genuine smile on her face, the one that reached her eyes and that shown her teeth. She looked like she wasn't an assassin at all when she smiled like that, she looked like Blu.

Though some questions that have been on my mind for awhile now are gnawing at me for answers,

Why was Blu in the Philippines in the first place?

Why did she look so scared when Boss told her we were going back to America?

Why was she relieved that it was New Hampshire?

Do I have to prepare myself for more surprises from her?

I'll have to ask her when she wakes up...

I headed out of the room and back to where the gang was, literally, and sat down next to Boss.

"What time is it?" I asked tiredly.

"It's 2 in the afternoon, we're supposed to be there in the morning though." Matt answered. I nodded my head in understanding and went to get some food. I realized that Blu might be hungry when she woke up so I heated up some food for her as well, Lord knows how much she's eaten today.

I went into the bedroom just in time for Blu to be awake with the plates in my hand. She turned her head towards me in confusion but it was immediately wiped off her face when she took in the sight of me. "Hi," she greeted in a hoarse voice.

"Morning sunshine, no afternoon, whatever I just got you some food in case you might be hungry."

I held her plate out in front of her and she gratefully took it with a smile on her face, "I was just thinking about how hungry I was, thank you."

As if on cue Blu's stomach started rumbling, "She says thank you as well," she giggled, but like always, it didn't reach her eyes.

"You're welcome to you both," I chuckled. We sat there leaning against the headboard of the bed, being careful of not spilling it on the sheets. When we were done I took our plates and placed them in the sink and started heading towards the guys.

"What are you guys talking about?" Blu asked coming out of the room.

"Just the plan sugar, you can sit by us," Will offered. I didn't mind the guys being close to Blu, they were like brothers to me and I know they wouldn't mess with what's mine.